i- Papers published or Accepted for publication in Academic, Specialized and Refereed Periodicals:
1. A.M. Azzeer., Masilamani, V., Al-Salhi, M.S. and Al-Dwayyan, A.S.
“Phase conjugation by stimulated scattering from organics liquids”.
Arabian J. Sci. Eng., (Saudi Arabia), 1992, Vol.17, No.2B, pp.245-252.
2. Al-Dwayyan, A. “Dynamical effects in semiconductor lasers due to optical feedback” ibide,Vol.20,No.4A(1995).
3. Azzeer, A.M., Al-Dwayyan, A.S., Al-Salhi, M.S., Kamal, A.M., and
Harith, M.A.“Optical probing of laser-induced shock waves in air”
Appl. Phys., (USA), 1996, B63, pp.307-310.
4. Mashni, M., Al-Dwayyan, A.S., Al-Salhi, M.S., Homidi, K. and
Masilamani,V.“Measurement of Non-Radiative Processes in Dye Solution by Laser Opto Acoustic Method” J of Saudi.Chem.Soc., (Saudi Arabia), 2000, Vol.4,No.3, pp.327-336.
5. Al-Dwayyan, A.S., Al-Salhi, M.S., Azzeer, A.M., Redha, M.A. and
Harith, M.A. “The low-frequency fluctuation in semiconductor lasers with
external cavity at different temperatures”J. King Saud Univ., (Saudi
Arabia), 2000, Vol.12, Science (1), pp.31-39.
6. A. Al-Dwayyan, Y. Cao, M. Y. A. Raja, and C. X. Wang "Low Frequency Pulsation in the VCSEL Coupled to a Long External Cavity" IEE Proc.- Optoelectron., (UK), 2001, Vol148, No. 5/6, pp.251-255.
7. M. Yasin Akhtar Raja, Abdullah S. Al-Dwayyan, Yang Cao, and Charlie X.Wang "Polarization and Spatial-Mode behavior of Short-Wavelength VCSELs" Optics and Laser Technology, (USA), 2002, Vol.34, pp.129-134.
8. A. S. Al-Dwayyan and V. Masilamani “A simple photo acoustic
Instrumentation for simultaneous measurement of radiative and non-
radiative processes” Asian J. Phys., (India), 2002, Vol.11, No.1, pp.130-136
9. M.Yasin Akhtar Raja, Y.Cao, Guthrie H. Cooper, A. S. Al-Dwayyan
Charlie X. Wang " Polarization and Spectral Properties of Ion-
implanted and Oxide-Confined Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers"
Opt. Eng., (USA), 2002, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp.704-710.
10. Masilamani, V. and A. S. Al-Dwayyan "Evidence of Superexciplex in
Dye Molecules" Japanese J. Appl. Phys., (Japan), 2002, Vol. 41, No.9,
11. A. S. Al-Dwayyan " Measurement of Industrial Noise Level in the
Vicinity of Al-Senaeiah District, Riyadh" Egyptian. J. Biophysics,
(Egypt), 2002, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 43-52.
12. A. S. Al-Dwayyan "Superexciplex Characteristics in Coumarin460" J
Saud. Chem. Soc., (Saudi Arabia), 2002, .
13. Al-Ghamdi, Abdullah S. Aldwayyan, V.Masilamani, T. S. M. Al-Saud
and M.S. Al-Salhi"Superexciplex of Coumarin Molecules using Tunable
Ti-Sapphire Laser" Japanese J. Appl. Phys., 2003, Vol. 42, No.10,
14. V. Masilamani and A.S. Aldwayyan " Structural and solvent dependence of superexciplex", Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Mol. &
Biomol. Spectroscopy. 60, 8-9, pp 2099-2106 (2004).
15. A.S. Aldwayyan and V. Masilamani "Dual Amplified Spontanous
Emission as Evidence for Superexciplex from the Dye LD473",
Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Mol. & Biomol. Spectroscopy,60,12, pp
2891- 2895 (2004).
16. A. S.Aldwayyan, H. R. Alqahtani, M. Alsalhi and M.Y. A. Raja;
"Characteristics of GaAs/AlGaAs vertical cavity surface-emitting Lasers irradiated with gamma-rays" J Opt Eng. Vol43, No 9 pages 2184-2192 (2004).
17. K. H. Ibnaouf, V. Masilamani, A. S.Aldwayyan and M.S. Alsalhi;"Dual
ASE Spectra from superexiplex TICT States of Dye Molecules" Laser
Physics, Vol15, No 9, Pages1-7 (2005).
18. M. Nazirudin Khan, A. S. Aldwayyan, Z. H. Zaidi;"Infrared spectroscopic Analaysis of Chrysene and 1.2-Benzanthracence in Wax films" Chin. Phys. Lett. Vol 23, No. 9, Pages 2407-2410 (2006).
19. M. S Alsalhi, Ali A. Al-Hazmi, V. Masilamani, A. S. Aldwayyan, O. A.
Aldaghri, H. S. Alsalhi and F. M. Alothman;"Characterization of Sickle Cell Anemia by Optical Methods", Al-Azhar Bull. Sci. Vol. 17, No. 1 (June),
Pages 13-24, (2006).
20. A. S. Aldwayyan, R. H. Al-Hothlool, M. S. Alsalhi and M. Y. A. Raja;
" Neutron Irradiation Effects on Dynamical Characteristics of Vertical
Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELs)" submitted to J. Optical
ii- Papers under preparation:
1. M. Alsalhi, A. Alaql, A. Aldwayyan, V. Masilamani, K. Manteny and M.
Nayfeh;" Resonsnt Energy Transfer Between 1 nm Si nanoparticles and
2. Md. Naziruddin Khan, A. S. Al Dwayyan, A. Al Ghamdi and
S. S. Al-Dheyab; "Investigation of Photophysical and lasing properties of
597 Pyromethene in ORMOSILS ".
B) Books and References:
1. A translation into Arabic of a book :
"Lasers: Principles and Applications " J.Wilson and J.F.B.Hawkes, Prentice Hall Press (1992) Jointly work with Dr. M. S. Al-Salhi. This book is considered as a text book for students attending 335 Phys course at Physics Department, King Saud University.
2. A translation into Arabic of a book: "Introduction to Optics"
F.L. Pedrotti and L.S. Pedrotti, Prentice Hall Press (1993).
Jointly work with Dr. M. S. Al-Salhi. This book is considered as a
text book for students attending 233 Phys course (Optics-I) at
Physics department, King Saud University.
C) Other Unrefereed Works:
1. Al-Dwayyan, A.S., Al-Salhi, M.S., Homidi, K. Bakhotma and
Masilamani,V;"Gall stone fragmentation by lasers"; A project proposal submitted to King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST), Saudi Arabia ( 29/07/1991)
2. Aldwayyan A.S. and Harith, M.A "Application of photo acoustic in pollution detection and elemental analysis "; A final technical report of the project # MS-2-38 supported by KACST ( 01/01/2002 ).
Participation in Conferences, Symposia and Other Activities.:
A) Conferences :
1. Semiconductor Injection Lasers and their Applications” SILA"1986 Cardiff, UK.
2. Semiconductor and Integrated Optoelectronics “SIOE"1988, Cardiff, UK.
Al-Dwayyan, A., Thomes, B. and Shore, K.A. “Instability and chaos due to external feedback in laser diodes”.
3. 2nd International Conference On Lasers & Applicaions “1996, Cairo, Egypt.- Al-Dwayyan, A.S., Al-Salhi, M.S., Azzeer, A.M., Redha, M.A. and
Harith, M.A.” Temperature dependence of the low frequency fluctuation
in semiconductor lasers with optical feedback ”.
4. 19th International Laser Radar Conference, 1998, Annapolis, USA.
5. Optical Science, Engineering and Instrumentation,SPIE'1999, Denver,
6. Southeast Regional Meeting on Optoelectronics, Photonics, and Imaging , SPIE'2000, Charlotte, NC, USA, Raja M.Y.A., Al-Dwayyan A., Cao Y. and Wang C. X., "Polarization Stability and Modal Properties of Packaged Gigabit VCSELs".
7. Semiconductor and Integrated Optoelectronics “SIOE"2001, Cardiff, UK.
Abdullah Al-Dwayyan, Yang Cao, M. Yasin Akhtar Raja, and Charlie
Wang " Low Frequency Pulsation in the VCSEL Coupled to a Long
8. 14th World Congress of the International Society for Laser Surgery and
Medicine, 2001, Chennai, India.
Masilamani V., Alsalhi M., Azzeer A. and Al-Dwayyan A. " New,
Inexpensive Efficient Laser Source at 630nm for PDT ".
9. 14th World Congress of the International Society for Laser Surgery and
Medicine, 2001, Chennai, India.
Masilamani V., Alsalhi M., Azzeer A. and Al-Dwayyan A. "Recent Trends in Photo Dynamic Therapy".
10. A. S.Aldwayyan, H. R. Alqahtani, M. Alsalhi and M.Y. A.
Raja."Characteristics of GaAs/AlGaAs vertical cavity surface-emitting
Lasers irradiated with gamma-rays", FIO/LS , 2003 Conference, Tucson AZ ,USA.
11. 19th IEEE International Conference of Semiconductor Laser (ICSL 2004),
(21-26 Sep.2004) MAtsue, Japan.
12. World Conference of Physics and Sustainable Development, 29Oct–2 Nov 2005, Durban-South Africa.
13. A. Al Ghamdi, A. S. Al Dwayyan, N.K.Al-Sayari S. Al-Dheyab and
E.M.Mahroos; "Solgel laser medium synthesized by gamma irradiation
method". 3rd meting of Saudi Physical Sciences, Riyadh,KACST18-20
Dec 2006, Riyadh.
14. Md. Naziruddin Khan, A. S. Al Dwayyan, A. Al Ghamdi and S. S. Al-
Dheyab; "Investigation of Photophysical and lasing properties of 597
Pyromethene in ORMOSILS", Third Saudi Science Conference,New
Horizons in Science and their Applications, March 2007 (20-23/1428 H), Riyadh.
15. Abdullah M. A. Aldukhayel and Abdullah S. Aldwayyan,"Polarization
Instability of Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers", Third Saudi Science
Conference,New Horizons in Science and their Applications, March 2007
(20-23/1428 H), Riyadh.
16. A. Aldwayyan, M. Alsalhi, A. Alghamdi, G. Alchaar and M. Nayfeh
"Stability of silicon nanoparticle dispersions in organosilicon liquids used in sol-gel processes", First Shargah International Conference on
Nanothechnology and its Applications, AUS-NANO-07, April 10–12, 2007, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
1. Symposium of Safety in the Holy Lands, 1998, Mekkah, Saudi
Arabia. Alghamdi A, Al-Dwayyan A, and Aldosary O. "LIDAR
Technique for Measurement of Pollution Due to Exhausted Air of Cars During Pilgrimage Time in the Holy Lands".
2. Environment Citizenship Workshop, 2002, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Al-Dwayyan A, " Measurement of Noise Level in the Vicinity of
Al-Senaeiah District, Riyadh".
3. 1st Meeting of Saudi Society of Physics , 2003, Abha,, Saudi Arabia.
A. S.Aldwayyan, H. R. Alqahtani, M. Alsalhi and M.Y. A. ja. "Characteristics of GaAs/AlGaAs vertical cavity surface-emitting
Lasers irradiated with gamma-rays",
C) Thesis Supervision:
1. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: H.Al-Gahtaani,"
Gamma Irradiation effects on VCSEL's characteristics", (2001 – 2003 ).
2. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: R. Alhothlool,
"Dynamical Characteristics of VCSEL's Under neutron radiation", (2002-2005 ).
3. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: Abdullah. Aldukayel, "Polarisation Instabilities & Dynamical Characteristics of VCSEL's", (2002-2006 ).
4. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: B. Alothaby, "Instabiltiy behaviour of high power semiconductor laser arrays"; (2005- ).
5. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: A. Alsolmi, "Water elemental analysis by laser induced break down-LIBS" (2005- ).
6. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: Fahad Aldoseri, " Optical properties of dye laser synthesized by sol-gel method "; (2006- ).
7. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: Abdulrahman ldukayel"Optical Prperties of Si-nanoparticles",2007- ).
8. M.Sc. Principle Supervisor for the student: Amani Ali " Thermal Effect on Properties of Si-nanoparticles ",2007- ).
9. M.Sc Assistant Co-Supervisor for the student: H. Al-Fanach, "Optical studies on the molecules of Melanin", (2000-2001).
10. M.Sc Assistant Co-Supervisor for the student: H. Al-Marshad, " Interaction of Melanin Molecules with Metals", (2002-2004 ).
11. M.Sc Assistant Co-Supervisor for the student: K.Binaof, " Superexciplex from Some Dyes", (2000- ).
E) Thesis Evaluation:
1. An Internal and external examiner for the several M.Sc. and PhD thesis in laser physics.
2. Evaluating of several technical papers and reports.