"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing"
- Aristotle (384-322 BC)
To acquire a teaching position with an opportunity for professional growth in a people-oriented academic organization.
2008: Master of Arts - King Saud University
Department of English Language and Literature
Magical Realism and Its Relation to the Metamorphosis of Female Identity in Ana Castillo’s So Far From God
1999: Bachelor's Degree – King Saud University
1995: High School Diploma – Gabriel Richard High School
Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
1991: Middle School – Clague Middle School
Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
1989: Primary and Elementary Schooling – West Briar Private School
Houston, Texas USA
2009- Currently King Saud University – Lecturer / Department of English Language / College of Arts
2003-2009: Arab Open University - Academic / Administrative English
Department Coordinator and Assistant Lecturer
· English Language instruction for students in the orientation year of the University Program as well as specialization courses in literature and linguistics for second and third year students.
· Management of the English Department including:
o Curriculum design and development for all levels
o Teacher recruitment and guidance
o Teacher training and staff development
o Exam preparation for all levels
o Organized and facilitated between student and teacher, teacher and administration
2001: Kingdom Schools – Primary English School Teacher
· Taught absolute beginners to low advance children's English courses
· Duties include creating a stimulating and fun learning environment using various English learning methodologies, activities, and games.
2000: Asrary Schools – Primary and Secondary English Language Montessori Teacher
· Utilized Montessori methodology to enhance and develop student competencies in the English Language
1998: King Saud University – Volunteer tutoring for first and second level English Department Students
· Subjects tutored include grammar, reading, and writing
1997: Asrary Schools – Volunteered in organizing and executing the summer camp program
· Youth Director implementing a wide range of educational programs and athletic activities
1995: Gabriel Richard High School Monthly Newspaper – Managing Editor
· Supervised a staff of twelve people
· Generated new story ideas for features
· Responsible for all aspects of editing, writing, and reporting
2003: Planned, developed and executed a prerequisite program for the Arab Open University.
2009: Workshop "Liberal Education: It's Goal and how to measure its Effectiveness"
2008: Workshop in Triad Outcome-based Approach (used by OU and AOU)
2007: Workshop in Open learning Methodology (AOU)
2006: Workshop in SWOT analysis and Quality Control (AOU)
2002: Workshop in Curriculum development
2001: 300 hours of training in Montessori methodology
2000: Workshop in Total Physical Response (TPR)
2000: In-service training in Cooperative Learning
1998: Training Program in various computer programs (Windows XP, MS Word, MS Power Point, and other MS Office applications)
1995: Certified in First Aid Emergency Medical techniques