1. Drug distribution systems
a. floor stock (bulk)
b. unit- dose drug distribution system 2.
2. Sterile medication area (1.V. drug
administration & LV. nutrition area)
a. maintaining sterile conditions in the area
b. maintaining sterility of the entire room
c. practicing aseptic techniques under supervision
d. preparing LV. additive solutions under close supervision.
1. intravenous nutrition
2. antibiotic preparation (reconstitution)
3. Prepackaging area:
a. Prepackaging and labeling medications in unit-dose containers
b. practicing on repacking machines
4. Narcotics and controlled medications area:
a. rules and inventory control of narcotics and controlled drugs.
b. dispensing narcotics and controlled drugs under strict supervision.
5. Compounding different extemporaneous Preparations.
a. arrangement of drugs in the pharmacy store.
b. rules of procurement, inventory control and storage conditions of drugs.