Dr. IBRAHIM ABDULRAZAK ALSWAIDAN
Father’s Name: AbdulRazak Ibrahim AlSwaidan
Date and Place of Birth: February, 28, 1957, Zubair
Marital Status: Married
Address for Correspondence: P. 0. Box # 375037
Riyadh # 11335, Saudi Arabia.
Telephone (Residence) 01-2260950
Telephone (Office) 01-4471900 Ext. 1094 or 1282
Languages Known: Arabic and English
Doctorate in Pharmacy (Ph. B) (1984-87)
Obtained Doctorate from College of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Yorkshire, England, in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Research was carried on the topic Heterocyclic Compounds as Novel Substrate for Glutathione Transferase. Thesis on the same topic was submitted to the University.
Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Sc.) (1975-80)
Obtained Degree of B. Sc. in Pharmacy from College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, With Very Good Class.
Merits and Scholarship
· Best Outgoing Student Award in College of Pharmacy, King Saud University.· Selected by Ministry of Health for undergoing Ph. D in England.
- Worked as a Pharmacist in King Abdul Aziz Hospital, Riyadh from 1980-1981 .
- Worked as a Pharmacist in Medical Supply of Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from 1981-1983 and 1987-1993.
- Joined as a Lecturer in College of Health Sciences, Riyadh in 1993.
- For some time work as Acting Dean in College, when ever he is on leave, based On Deans Personal Decision and trust
- Working as a Head, Department of Pharmacy, and Riyadh College of Health Sciences from 1994 to 2007.
- Lecture in Pharmacy Department College of Health Science in Riyadh King Saud University.
- Participated in the Recruitment Committee for both Administrative and Academic Staff.
- Member of the Student Examination Committee in the College and Member of Student Disciplinary.
- Selected and participated in many committees inside and out Side College.
- Head of Radiology departement in the college of health scineces since 10-5-1431H
International Conference Attended
1. Attended a Conference at Royal College in the University of London in Nov. 1986. Presented a paper with a title “Catabolism 06-methyl 2-Deoxy guanosine by liver cytosolic enzymes”.
2. "Integrating technology into your teaching". (7/2010) University of waterloo .Canada
3."teaching excellence" (7/2010) .University of waterloo .Canada
- Member of Saudi Pharmaceutical Society, attended many conferences and workshops organized by the society.
- Reviewer of Researches in King Abdul Aziz City of Science and Technology, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Topics of some researches revived are:
a) Synthesis and Investigation of Novel Shelf-Stable Brain Specific MAO Inhibitors.
b) Synthesis, Binding and affinity of ER, Biological and Anti-tumor Activities of various Novel Modified Estrogens.