ABSTRACTS IN PROCEEDINGS and CONFERENCES:
1. Alzeer AH. Acute respiratory failure of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). King Fahad Hufof Hospital; 9 February 1993.
2. Alzeer AH. Nocturnal asthma. Presented on the symposium on update on diagnosis and management of respiratory allergic diseases. Organized by MOH Taif, 10 April 1993.
3. Alzeer AH. Septic shock. Presented in the national conference on diseases of the chest. Organized by the MOH, Taif, 4th April 1994.
4. Alzeer AH. Heat stroke (pathophysiology). Presented on symposium on emergency and disaster during pilgrimage season. Organized by MOH, Makkah, 16th April 1995.
5. Alzeer AH. Pneumonia during Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah). Presented on symposium on emergency and disaster during pilgrimage season. Organized by MOH in Makkah, 16th April 1995.
6. Alzeer AH. Parapneumonic pleural effusions: to drain or not to drain. Presented in the recent advances in pulmonary and critical care medicine symposium. King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 9-11 April 1996.
7. Alzeer AH. ICU in the future. Presented in the 1st Pan Arab Conference in Intensive Care, Taif, Saudi Arabia, October 2005.
8. Alzeer AH. Update in community acquired pneumonia. Medicine up-date, KKUH, March 2005.
9. Alzeer AH. Recent advances in bronchiectasis. Medicine up-date, KKUH, March 2007.
10. Alzeer AH. Right and Left ventricular Function and Pulmonary Artery pressure in
patients with Bronchiectasis. The 19 Annual Meeting of the Saudi Heart Association,
11. Alzeer A, Hashim IA, Shaheen M, Al-Shohaib S, Sheukin. Inter Leukin-1 Receptor
Antagonists (IL-1ra) in heat stroke patients during pilgrimage to Makkah, 15th International
Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine. Brussels, International Journal of Critical Care Medicine Supply 1995; 6: 2; 75.
12. Alzeer A, Al-Arifi A, Ansari Z, Hashim I, Nylen E and Becker K. Circulating interleukin-6, Tumour necrosis factor soluble receptor – II, Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, and serum procalcitonin in patients with heat stroke: prognostic implications. 16th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Brussels. Intensive Care Medicine Supplement 1; 1996; 22; S11.
13. Al-Arifi A, Alzeer A, Becker K, Snider R, Thompson K, Nylen E. Heat stroke and
hyperprocalcitoninemia: diagnostic and prognostic implications. Society of Crit Car Med, J an 1996, A54 #44.
14. Al-Arifi A, Alzeer A, El-Hazmi M, Warsy AS and Nylen ES. The prognostic implications of Glucagon pertubation in Heat Stroke. 10th International Congress of Endocrinology. June 12, 1996: 340 #P1-823.
15. Alzeer AH. Heat stroke-pathophysiology. Presented in the 1st Omani International
Conference on Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. 23-25 April 1996.
16. Alzeer AH. Vincent J, Nylen ES, Al-Arifi A. Excess Nitric Oxide in Classical Heat Stroke: 79th Annual meeting of the endocrine Society, San Francisco; June 11, 1997; 503 #P3-268.
17. Alzeer AH. Update in Treatment of Acute Pulmonary Embolism. Pan Arab Thoracic Society Annual Meeting.Cairo, Egypt November 1999.
18. Alzeer AH.Ventilatory Management of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Pan Arab Thoracic Society Annual Meeting, Amman Jordon, November 2000.
19. Alzeer AH. Central venous pressure from common iliac vein reflects right atrial
pressure. Pan Arab Thoracic Society Annual Meeting ,Amman Jordon, November 2000.
20. Alzeer AH. Pneumonia during Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah).Pan Arab Thoracic Society
Annual Meeting, Dubai 2001.
21. Alzeer AH, Masood M, Basha SJ, Shaik S. Survival of patients with bronchiectasis in
intensive care unit. Intensive Care Med 2005, Sept. 25-28: Amsterdam,
22. Alzeer AH, Al-Arfaj A. Outcome of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus in
intensive care unit. Critical Care 2005, March 21-25: Brussels, Belgium.
23. Alzeer AH. Cardiac function in patients with bronchiectasis. Chest 2006, October
21-26: Salt Lake City, Utah.
24. Alzeer AH. Review of different modes of mechanical ventilation. GE conference
in Bahrain, February 2005.