Name : MARYAM HASSAN BAHAKEEM
Nationality : Saudi Arabian
Date of Birth : 20/04/1979
Languages : Arabic (spoken and written)
English (spoken and written)
1405 - 1418-H : Primary & Secondary Schools
1985 - 1997-G Najd Private School
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
(Total of 12 years)
1418 - 1422-H : Bachelor Degree of Speech Pathology & Audiology
1997 - 2002-G College of Applied Medical Sciences
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
(1) Audiology : (a) Security Forces Hospital (3 months)
18/12/1422 - 17/03/1423-H
02/03/2002 - 29/05/2002-G
(b) King Abdulaziz University Hospital (3 months)
20/03/1423 - 19/06/1423-H
01/06/2002 - 28/08/2002-G
(2) Speech Pathology : King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center (6 months)
22/06/1423 - 29/12/1423-H
31/08/2002 - 02/03/2003-G
2006 - 2007-G : Master of Science in Human Communication
School of Speech and Language Sciences,
Newcastle Upon Tyne University , United
· Lecturer , Speech & Hearing Therapy Division, Rehabilitation Sciences Department, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since 09/2008 to present.
· Speech-Language Pathologist, in Al-Nahda Down Syndrome School for 1 year from 06/09/2003 to 28/08/2004
· Speech-Language Pathologist,in Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City from 02/2005 to 09/2006. Then from 12/2007 to 08/2008
· Teaching two undergraduate courses (Linguistics I), (Linguistics II) with its practicum component, and part of (Speech Language Pathology IV- cerebral palsy) at the Speech & Hearing Therapy Division, Rehabilitation Sciences Department, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, September 2008 to present.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES:
· Attended a seminar on “Communication Disorders” held at King Abdulaziz Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. February, 2001.
· Attended the “Symposium on Hearing & Ear Care” held Security Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. October, 2002.
· Attended the "Pediatric Behaviour Management Strategies for Outpatient Settings", Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. February, 2005.
· Attended a lecture on“A Peek at Teaching Those with Social Thinking Challenges and What We Can Do To Help” via videoconference, held at Prince Salman Center for Disability Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. April, 2008.
· Attended a lecture on“Tools for Professionals to Diagnose Autism” held at Prince Salman Center for Disability Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. June, 2008.
· Attended the “Picture Exchange Communication System ” workshop held at Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. November, 2008.
· A thesis “EFFECT OF PHONOLOGICAL AND PERSONALIZED CUEINGS ON NEW LEARNING IN AN INDIVIDUAL WITH SEVERE APHASIA” submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for degree of Master of Science in Human Communication Sciences, School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle, United Kingdom.