Name: Aziza Abdullah Alnuaim
Local Address: B.O.X. 261599 Riyadh 11342 SaudiArabia
1- BA in Sociology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA- 1980
2- Master Degree in Anthropology, KSU, Riyadh, SA.1987.
Title “Social Relations In he Faisaliah neighborhood In Riyadh city”.
3- PhD in Sociology, KSU, Riyadh, SA.2004. Title “Urban Poverty and its relation to Internal Migration In Riyadh City”
Assistant Professor In Social Studies Department at King Saud University.
1- Employed by King Saud University From 1401 h(1981) until present 1428h (2007).
· 1401-1407h. Teacher Assistance at Social Studies Department
· 1407- 1425h. -Lecturer at Social Studies Department .
· 1425 - Assist.Prof. In Social Studies Department .
I teach the following Courses:
Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Social Statistics, Applied Social Statistics, Research Methods, Migration, Urban Sociology, Saudi Arabian Society, Special Topics( Independent Study), Social Problems, Social Relations, History of Social Thought, Social Thinking by Classical Arab Theorist, Introduction to Anthropology, Social Anthropology, and Cultural Anthropology. Sociological Terminology in English.
2-Advisor to Ariyadh Higher Development Authority, research department for Two years, 2004-2006.
3-Participant in Poverty Workshop, presented paper titled “ The Face of Poverty in Riyadh City), Workshop was conducted in Rabat ,Morocco by MEAwared (Middle east Awards Program),may 2003.
4-Participant in Poverty, Unemployment, and Immigration Workshop conducted by NIBR (Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research) in Oslo, 3-8 of
5-Participated in various community and national functions about Poverty control, drug abuse, organ donation, and traffic problem awareness.
6- Participant in Quality Assurance Training Program offered by National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment, Program 2: Institutional Quality Assurance, and program3: Quality Assurance for Educational Programs.2006
7- Evaluation Program Supervisor for College of Arts &Science 2007.
8- Founding Member of Saudi Social Studies Society(ssss) 2007.
9-Member of the Academic Improvement Committee for Social Studies Department 2007.
10- Assistant professor – part time- at College of nursing , King Saud Bin Abdulaziz university for medical science, Full semester 2007-2008.
11-Financial Maneger of Saudi Social Studies Society( ssss).
12-Co chairwomen of Social Studies Department, College of Art, King Saud University.since March/ 2008.
1- Participated in seminars about Drug Abuse and Speeding conducted By City Police and Alnahdh Charity Organization.
2- Participated in seminars about Organ Donations conducted by Prince Salman Organ Donation center and Alnahdh Charity Organization, In various part of Riyadh including Female educational supervisors at the national Guard compound.
Arabic and English – spoken, written, understood-
Received extensive computer training to be able to produce my doctoral dissertation by my self. This included training on SPSS program, Microsoft word and PowerPoint, and others.
Received Training in the flowing:
1. Study Skills Program from American Language Program University Of Georgia, 4-8 Sep. 1999. Conducted at King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh.
2. Conflict Resolution workshop by Conflict Management Consultants, level one, Nov. 17 2001. Conducted by instructor from Vancouver Management Consultants,BC,Canada.
3. Conflict Resolution workshop by Conflict Management Consultants, level two, Feb.9, 2002.
4. “Key to success workshop” by the Professional Technical Institute( معهد الاحتراف الفني للتدريب واللغات والتوظيف) Riyadh 16-20-Muharm 1423h.
5. “Administrating career excellence workshop” by the Professional Technical Institute, Riyadh muharm 1423h.