The course emphasizes the basic principles of pharmacoepi- demiology to enable students exploring and assessing vital epidemiological topics and trends regarding health care delivery in Saudi Arabia.
This course is designed to:
1. Introduce the student to the concept of pharmacoepidemiology and its applications.
2. Expose the student to various types of pharmacoepidemiologi- cal methods (surveys).
3. Discuss methods of data collection and study design.
4. Familiarize the student with the concept of clinical trials, their limitations and ethical considerations.
1. The scope of pharmacoepidemiology
2. Basic measurements in pharmacoepidemiology
3. The study population
4. Control groups
5. Sampling methods
6. The variables
7. Methods of collecting data
8. Methods of pharmacoepidemiology
9. Data processing
11. Data Analysis
12. Interpreting the findings
13. Drug utilization review (DUR)
14. Writing a scientific report