The course emphasizes the most important communication skills to enable the student to play a vital role in patient education to improve the patient understanding and compliance.
This course is designed to:
1. Teach the student the principles of communication skills in pharmacy practice.
2. Teach the student the basic steps for patient counseling and education.
1. Introduction, principles and elements of interpersonal communication
2. Communication interferences and barriers
3. Requirements for interpersonal communication.
4. Listening skills.
5. Patient evaluation.
6. Collection, organization and presentation of drug information to patient.
7. Patient interview
8. Effective telephone communication
9. Interpersonal persuation
11. Patient education and counseling