This course will explore the fundamental aspects of drug information, the myriad of drug literature and drug information systems. It is designed as an introductory course to teach the students the basic principles of drug information pertaining to retrieval.
At the conclusion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the appropriate drug information source that is needed to retrieve the relevant information to answer a drug information request.
2. Evaluate the collected data.
3. Learn various methods of dissemination of drug information to health professionals as well as patients.
1. Concepts of drug information.
2. Systematic approach to answering drug information requests.
3. Clinical references:
- Core reference library for pharmacists
- Recommended references
- Standard pharmacology textbooks
- Indexing and abstracting services
- Regular abstract journals published by Excerpta Medica.
- Computerized bibliographical services
4. Communicating drug information
5. Drug literature retrieval
6. Drug information manuscript writing and preparation