Ghada Ali Al-Ghamdi
College of Languages and Translation
King Saud University
· 1999-2003: Colleges of Girls (Faculty of Arts-Run by the Presidency) Department of English
· 2001: Got a certificate of the excellence of performance in the year 2001 from the faculty of Arts deanship
· 2003: Graduated from Faculty of Arts with a Bachelor Degree.
· 2004: New Horizons Ladies centre Riyadh computer training: Completion of the course of Microsoft Office XP.
· 2009- present: A Master student in Applied Linguistics at the College of Arts\ King Saud University.
· 2005- 2006: Teaching at Al-Fajar Secondery school
· 2006- present: Teaching at the College of Languages and Translation
· 2008 - 2009: Representative of Development & Quality Assurance in the Language Unit & a coordinator of the Committee of Quality Assurance & Accreditation in the Language Unit.
Interests and Skills:
Interests: TESOL, CALL, Translation, Autonomous Learning, learning different languages and knowing other cultures.
Skills: Avid reader and writer, serious in working and dealing with others, experienced user of Microsoft office products and a keen user of the internet.
Arabic - Mother tongue
English - Fluent written and spoken
· 1999-2003 Participating in organizing some of the non-curriculum activities in the faculty of Arts
· 2005- 2006 Organizing and activating verities of non-curriculum activities and fairs in Al-Fajar Secondery school especially the ones that are related to computers and learning ESL.
· 2007 Participating in organizing The 1st Annual COLT Conference
· 2007 Attending a lecture presented by Prof. Reima Al-Jurf about Data base (ERIC, PROQUEST,OXFORD JOURNALS, etc)
· 2008 Participating in organizing The 2nd Annual COLT Conference
· 2009 Participating in organizing The 3rd Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT.
· Presence of a number of seminars, conferences and workshops organized inside the university such as,
ü 2009 "The smart board workshop" organized by the deanship of E-learning & distance learning
ü 2009 "workshop on How to develop programs and prepare them for the Academic Accreditation" organized by The Development & Quality Assurance Deanship.
ü 2009 "workshop on Quality applications on the institutes of high education" organized by The Development & Quality Assurance Deanship.
ü 2009 "workshop on Communicative Language Teaching: Theory & Practice by Dr. Othman Almeniei" organized by The 3rd Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT.
ü 2009 "workshop on Autonomous Learning by Prof. Reima Al-Jarf" organized by The 3rd Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT.
ü 2009 "workshop on The use of Technology to Improve academic research by Dr. Majda Al-Sebai" organized by The 3rd Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT.
ü 2009 Workshop: " Setting-up your site workshop by Dina Al-Sebai" organized by The 3rd Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT.
ü 2009 Workshop: "Quality applications on the institutes of high education" organized by The Development & Quality Assurance Deanship.
ü 2009 "First Workshop on Applied Linguistics, translation & Computational Linguistics" in Prince Sultan University, College for Women
ü 2010 Workshop on the use of "Smart Classroom" organized by the Deanship of E-learning & distance learning in King Saud University
ü 2010 Workshop titled "Effective Classroom Management" by Dr. Bill Buskist organized by the Deanship of Skills Development in King Saud University
ü 2010 Workshop on "Skills To Use OneNote" by Prof. Reima Al-Jarf organized by The 4th Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT\KSU
ü 2010 Workshop on " To Learning Skills : Learning Skills Through Effective Tradition and Authenticity Are Not Artificial," by Dr. Majda Al-Sebai" organized by The 4th Annual Academic Symposium & Exhibition in COLT\KSU.
ü 2010 Associate member in Blind Association Charity in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
ü 2010 (6 hrs) Course in "The CoRT Thinking Program" prepared by Thaer HassanFrom De Bono Centre for Teaching Thinking and presented by our fellow colleague, Mrs Mashael al-Salem in COLT\KSU
Papers, Reviews & Reports
Schools of Linguistics (A Review Study). 22nd December. 2009
The Use of the Ultimate Vocabulary software to help level one EFL college students to increase their vocabulary range (Review of Literature). 1st February. 2010
A Pragmatic Analysis of Conversational Implicature (Aeabic Data). 10th April. 2010
Problems in Categorization (Word Class) in both English & Arabic Languages. 17th May. 2010
A Pragmatic Analysis of Meaning in Interaction (Arabic data). 16th June. 2010
· 131 Najm (Listening/ Pre-medical Dept- Language Unit)
· 132 Najm (Reading/ Pre-medical Dept- Language Unit)
· 133 Najm (Writing/ Pre-medical Dept- Language Unit)
· 252 Najd (Reading4)
· 128 Najd (Writing1)
· 193 Najd (Dictionary skills)
· 129 Najd (Listening2)
· 164 Najd (Writing2)
· 192 Najd (Grammar1)
· 171 Najd (Speaking1)
· 174 Najd (Speaking2)
· 101 Najm (General English- Language Unit)
Place of Work: College of Languages and Translation \ King Saud University
Bldg. 19 Room: 301
Office Phone Number: 014354400 Extension: 1274
E-mail Address: email@example.com