CURRICULUM VITEA page 1 of 5
ABDUL-RAHMAN IBRAHIM AL-HUMAID
BIO DATA :
Name: ABDUL-RAHMAN IBRAHIM ABDUL-AZIZ AL-HUMAID
Date of Birth: 26 April 1949
Place of Birth: Saudi Arabia
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND :
- Bachelor helor of Business Administration accounting Section, Riyadh University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (1393H/1973).
- M.B.A. College of Business Administration Missouri State University U.S.A. 1975.
- PhD in Accounting-Louisiana State University U.S.A. 1981
Thesis title: An Empirical studies of Characteristics of Governmental Budgetary Process in rich and Uncertain Environments-the case of Saudi Arabia.
Major: Financial Accounting/Auditing.
· Professor in Accounting Dept. 13/7/4117 – Till now.
· Associate Professor 1409-12/7/1417.
· Financial Consultant, Al Rashid C.P.A. 1985 – 1989.
· Assistant Professor 16/12/1406-1409 In Accounting Dept.
· Accounting Department Head at College of Adm. Sc. King Saud University 8/10/1401-7/10/1405.
· Deputy Chief committee for preparing accounting standards in King kingdom (28/11/1416).
· Head of Committee for preparing Accounting Standards in the kingdom at S.O.C.P.A. (1416- till 1422).
· Head of examination committee at S.O.C.P.A. (1422-till now).
CV OF ABDULRAHMA AL-HUMAID page 2 of 5
· A member in the Promotions committee in the University (1415-till now).
· A member in the first primary committee – Zakat and Taxes Agency, ministry of finance and national economic (10/16/1416-till now).
· A University representative to Saudi Courts to handle litigation pertain to university’s building cases.
· A committee member which approves foreign academic certificate in the Ministry of Higher Education
· A member of the board of director for S.O.C.P.A.
· A member of the board of trustees for Prince Sultan College.
· A committee member, which evaluates national (private) colleges – Ministry of Higher Education.
· A member in the Scientific Board at King Saud University.
· A college representative in the Board of Director of Community Service and continuing Education (1403).
· An editorial member for College of Adm. Sc. Journal. (1403-1405, 1407-1412).
· A member in the committee of Academic Development in the University (1404).
· An emeritus counsel for General Accounting Office 1403-1405.
· Head of Accounting Department-College of Adm. Sc. 8/10/1403-7/10/1405H.
· A member in the board of Adm. Sc. College 1408/1409.
· A participant in Accounting & financial training sessions at Al-Rashid C.P.A. Firm.
· A team member who supervises the preparation of the fifth five years plan to the university. (1410-1415).
· A coordinator for teaching assistant affairs in college of Adm. Sc. (1408-1410).
· A member of the committee selection of Teaching assistants in the College of Adm. Sc. (1408-1410).
· Committee head preparing Master Program for Accounting Dept. in the college of Adm. Sc (1403).
· A team member to study Costs in the Kingdom hospitals (1408).
· A scientific committee member for conferences in the Accounting Department in the College of Adm. Sc. (1408-till now).
· A coordinator for Graduate Study Program in Accounting Dept. in the College of Adm. Sc. (1408-till now).
· An emeritus counsel for the Ministry of Commerce during the period 1413-1415H.
CV OF ABDULRAHMA AL-HUMAID page 3 of 5
· Chairman of the committee which develop the profession in Accounting Dept. (1408).
· A financial committee member at King Saud University. (4/4/1408-1416H).
· Budgetary committee member for University Hospitals 17/7/1408.
· Financial committee member at university.
1- Shedding Lights on Financial Accounting in Islamic Banks: an Empirical study published in College of commerce, Alexandra University, Issue no.2, volume 27, 1990. (coauthor Dr. Abdullah Mohamed Al-Faisal).
2- Standardized the reports of Financial Auditors, and the extent of it adherence to the requirements of the Codes. Empirical study to the financial reports of limited Liability corporation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, published in the Journal of Administrative Sciences, College of commerce-Bani Sweif Cairo University, Issue no. 5 (January 1993) third year.
3- Empirical study for the selection’s standards of C.P.A. in corporations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Published in College of Commerce Journal, Alexandria University, the first issue, Volume 32, March 1995.
4- The characteristics and quality of the Financial Audits: Empirical study to profession environment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, published in Public Administration Journal, Institute of Public Administration Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
5- Hypothetical study to determine component of C.P. A. responsibility in the Kingdom of Saudi University, College of Administrative Sciences Journal, King Saud University, Volume 10 1985, pages 219-279 (co-author Dr. Abdullah Al-Muneef).
6- An Empirical Study of the Impact on the Accounting determined of Measures of Systematic Risk. Published in College of Commerce Journal, University of Alexandria Volume 24 1987.
CV OF ABDULRAHMA AL-HUMAID page 4 of 5
7- A recommend method to develop Accounting Standards in commercial Banks in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Published in Journal of Accounting, Management and Insurance, College of Commerce Cairo University.
8- The factors that influence the Setting Fees for C.P.A.: Empirical study for corporations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Published in Public Administration Journal, Institute of Public Administration, Issue no. 59 Muharam 1409H.
9- Accounting Tax & Zakat Theory and Application in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Printed by King Saud University Gamadi Al-Thani 1405H, (co-author Dr. Abdullah Al-Muneef and Dr. Mohamoud Abdu-Al-Salam).
10- Setting C.P.A. Fees in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Empirical study for various factors that influence setting fees from C.P.A. point of view. Published in the College of Administrative Sciences Journal, King Saud University, Gumadi Al Thani 1414H.
11- Accounting Treatment to the Cost of Computer Programs: published in College of commerce Journal 1414.
12- Empirical study to determine as to what extent the commercial Banks in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia adhere to the requirement of The Disclosure Standard issued by Saudi Arabic Monetary Agency in preparing its financial statements, published in college of commerce Journal, issue no. 2 Volume 33 September 1996.
13- Objectives and Concepts of financial accounting in regard to the Disclosure Standard, An essay printed by Ministry of Commerce 1406H.
14- Preparation of a summary To “Accounting Theory and policy” by Robert Bloom & Peter T. Elegers (N.Y.: New York Harcount Baree Jouanorich, Inc, 1982), published in College of Administrative Sciences Journal, King Saud University, Volume 10, 1985, Page 29.
15- Sharing in preparing Accounting Standards for Saudi Banks, Saudi Arabic Monetary Agency.
16- Sharing in preparing Accounting Measure Standards and to project Standards for Saudi Organization for C.P.A.
17- Prepared all Exams for S.O.C.P.A. membership since its inception.
18- Standards for the selections of the member of Audit Committee (co-author Dr. Abdullah Al-Muneef) King Abd-Aziz University Journal 1417.
CV OF ABDULRAHMA AL-HUMAID page 5 of 5
CURRENTLY SERVING AS MEMBER OF AUDIT COMMITTEE AT:
· Saudi Hollandi Bank
· Saudi Electric Company
· National Agriculture Company
· Riyadh Development Company
· Al Rahia, Al Seaheh Company
· Institute of National Insurance Company
CONFERENCES & SYMPOSIUMS PARTICIPATION AND OTHER ACTIVITIES:
· A member of American Certified Public Accounting Association. Attended all its annual meetings since 1976-1991 except 1984.
· Participated as lecturer and commentator in Symposium of the Means to develop Accounting in the Kingdom, the first, the second, the third, fifth, sixth for the years 1401, 1405, 409, 1411, 1413H.
· Participated in several rounds of discussions and gave a lecture titles the developing of Bank examiner in Saudi Arabic Monetary Agency 1405H.
· Participated in the discussion of several graduate studies Thesis at the Institute of Public Administration as outside examiner.
· Gave lectures for various programs in the Commercial and Industrial Chamber Federation in the Kingdom.
· Participated in the International Accountants conference held in Bahrain (1992) with work paper.
· Participated in the International Accountants conference held in Beirut 91993) with work paper.
· Participated as Lecturer in the symposium of Setting Audit Fees in the Kingdom held at the Ministry of Commerce.
· Overall Look on the Auditing Problems in the Kingdom Symposium held in S.O.C.P.A. (1416).
· Special reward for graduating with excellent grade and great honor (1392H).
· Special reward for being a distinguished Teaching Staff member (1403H).