101 ART Introduction to Art Appreciation and Criticism
Course code : 101ART
Course title : Introduction to art taste and criticism
Introduction to art education
Hours : 2
- Identify the visual word and formative expression and art culture
- identifying art education and terms and aesthetics
- identify the formative elements of art work
- developing visual and mental skills for some aesthetic values
- identify some concepts and values of art education-knowing
- Taste the apparent and hidden aesthetic values in items, nature and art.
- identify the arab and world art tradition from historical view
- giving the student the necessary experience to participate in finding a beautiful environment around him.
- identify the variation and differences in art production and importance and relation with the society in which we are living.
- estimate the value of work and innovation of others in art education field.
- Ability to analyze and read the art work and criticize some international art works.
1- The visible world acquaintance, the – expression and artistic
2- Acquaintance of some artistic terms and titles for the sense of Appreciation artistic criticism and since of beauty.
3- Acquaintance of – elements of artistic work.
4- Developing sense of beauty towards visual perceptions.
5- Acquaintance of the importance of diversity in the values of beauty in the artistic forms through the aspects and factors affecting the surrounding..
6- Sense of Appreciation for visible and invisible beauty values in objects, nature and art.
7- Acquaintance of Arabic art and scientific heritage from historical perspective.
8- Providing the learner with necessary experiences in creating beauty environment for others’ sense of taste.
9- Acquaintance of diversity, large differences and points of resemblance of artistic production, importance and its relation with the society within which we live.
10- Putting value upon the artistic work and allowing others to participate and discuss artistic works.
11- Ability to analyze and read and criticize some artistic work.
1- The concept of art and beauty – artistic sense of Appreciation– codes, terms and
Artistic details - importance, bases and factors affecting the artistic sense
of Appreciation process..
2- Education OF Art and sense of Appreciation development – means of developing the
sense of taste.
3- Education OF Art and artistic criticism from the concept of the Islamic belief.
4- Artistic culture and cultural obstacles for artistic sense of Appreciation in societies.
5- Artistic sense of Appreciation, environments, nature ad heritage.
6- Artistic sense of Appreciation and human behavior
7- Artistic sense of Appreciation from historical perspective.
8- Artistic sense of taste, industry and agriculture – sense of Appreciation and the unity of arts
9- The total structural values for the artistic work and the way of reading it (Innovation
10-Bases and theories of artistic criticism
11-Creteria of giving judgment to beauty - bases and sources beauty judgment
Course Teaching Methods:
* Lectures that should include excitement and interest
Technical researches and experiments.
* Field visits and technical reports (museums - exhibitions – heritages centers)
* Seeking help of experts
* Usage of Updated technology in education
* Usage and analysis of documentary programs in arts
* Practical applications
Course evaluation Methods
* Researches, studies and reports
* Continual evaluation through written and verbal examinations
* Measurement of distinction and artistic criticism abilities in respect of (description –
analysis – and of technical works).
Annual work: 40 scores
Final examination: 60 scores
Examination Time: One and half hour