Name: Ahmed Mohamed Alsoraya
Born: 1-7-1363 (21-6-1944)
Academic Rank: Professor
- B.Sc. (19-3-1969), King Saud University, Riyadh.
- Ph.D. (Nuclear Physics) (16-7-1977) College of Science, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh – United Kingdom
Title Thesis: “Fast Neutron Polarization Studies”
Employment and Administrative History:
1-Demonstrator (25-8-1968 - 24-7-1971 A.D.)
2-Teacher (20-12-1976 - 27-11-1978 A.D.)
3-Assistant Professor (28-11-1978 - 01-11-1992 A.D.)
4-Associate Professor ( 2-11-1992 - 19-01-2004 A.D)
5-Professor (20-01-2004 A.D)
Head of Physics Department 30-4-1982 – 1-4-1984
Head of Physics Department 12-9-1990 – 9-12-1990
Refereed Academic Text-Books
M.A. Farouk and A.M. Alsoraya, Basics of Radiation Physics (Arabic)
King Saud University, Riyadh
First edition – (1989).
Second edition – (1998)
Third edition - (2005)
Other Unrefereed Works:
1- M. Hamoleila, M.F. Ahmed and A.M. AlsorayaPilot Dictionary, Nuclear Terminology used by Nuclear Physicists at King Saud University.
2- M.F. Ahmed and A.M. Alsoraya
Ionizing Radiation, Characteristics, Effects and UtilizationsDepartment of Physics, College of Science, King Saud University, (1982).
3- A.M. Alsoraya and H.O. Mohamed
Classification of Isotopes According to Relative Radiotoxicity
Radiation protection Committee, King Saud University – (1989).
4- A.M. Alsoraya and H.O. MohamedPractical Method of Radiation Decontamination from Surfaces, Individuals and Laboratory Equipments.Radiation Protection Committee, King Saud University – (1989).
- International Symposium on Application and Technology of Ionizing Radiations – 12 – 17/3/1982, King Saud University, Riyadh.
- Co-Chairman of the Symposium sponsored by the College of Science in collaboration with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center.
- Editor-in-Chief: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Application and Technology of Ionizing Radiations, King Saud University, Riyadh 1983.
1. Coordinator of the Radiation Protection Committee at King Saud University since 1988.
2. Coordinator of the Radiation Protection Committee at College of Science, King Saud University 1981-1984.
3. Representing the University in the Committee of Follow up Regulations toward the Radiation Contamination of Food Stuff after the Soviet Chernobyl Nuclear Reactor Accident, (1986) in the Kingdom.
4. Representing the University in the Committee of Radiation Monitoring and Early Warning in the Kingdom.
5. Representing the University in the Committee of Preparation to Establish the Saudi Society of Radiation Protection in the Kingdom.
6. Participation in numbers of committees in the Department, College, University and the Kingdom since 1978.
1- Member of Council of College of Science, 1982-1984.
2 - Member of Council of Research Center of College of Science, 1980-1981.
3 - Member of Council of College of Science, 1979-1980.
1. A.M. Alsoraya and R.B. Galloway
The polarization of neutrons from the H-2(d,n)He-3 reaction for deuteron energies from 35 to 275 keV.
Nucl. Phys. A280 (1977).
2. M.A. Farouk and A.M. Alsoraya
Relative efficiency determination of a Ge(Li) detector in the energy range from 0.08 - 2.5 MeV
J. Coll. Sci., King Saud University., 13(1) (1982).
3. M.A. Farouk and A.M. Alsoraya
Ra-226 as a standard source for efficiency calibration of Ge(Li) detectors.
Nucl. Inst. And Methods, 200 (1982).
4. M.A. Farouk and A.M. Alsoraya
Analysis of the background gamma radiation in the College of Science at Malaz.
J. Coll. Sci. King Saud Univ., 14(1) (1983).
5. G.U. Din, A.M. Alsoraya, J.A. Cameron and J. Sziklai
Low-Lying proton resonance of spin 9/2 in Mn-51 and Mn-53.
Phys. Rev. c., 31(4) (1985).
6. G.U. Din, A.M. Alsoraya, J.A. Cameron, V.P. Janzen and R.b. Schubank
Reaction Cr-50 (p, ) Mn-51 and Cr-50(p,p ) Cr-50 from 1.7 to 2.5 MeV.
Phys. Rev. C., 33(1) (1986).
7. M.A. Raoof, A.M. Alsoraya and O.S. al-Horayess
Thermal neutron fluxes in glycerin, base oil and water.
Nuc. Inst. And Methods, A290 (1990).
8-I.A. Al-Agil, G.U. Din, A.M. Alsoraya, S.A. Bagazi and J.A.
Cameron, Reaction Cr-52(p, ) Mn-53 from 1.38 to 1.66 MeV
Phys. Rev. C. 42(2), (1990).
9. A.M. Alsoraya
Variations of exposure rate as a function of position and energy using thermo-luminescence dosimeters.
Bull. Iso. Rad. Res. 24(2), (1992).
10. A.M. Alsoraya
Comparative studies between sand, asphalt and concrete as shielding materials against fission neutrons.
Bull. Iso. Rad. Res., 25(2), (1993)
11. A.M. Alsoraya and B.A. Hanaish
Impact of Chernobyl Nuclear Accidents on Health Detriment of Saudi Residents
Egyptian J. of Biophysics 3(1) (1997) 81-85.
12. A.M. Alsoraya, B.A. Henaish and H.O. Mohammed
Gamma and Electron Response of Coloured Cellulose Acetate.
Polymer Degradation and Stability 58(1997) 139-142.
13. A.M. Alsoraya, B.A. Henaish and M.M. Al-Shammari
Gamma Response of some Treated Aged Pottery Artifacts
Bull. Iso. Rad. Res.,30(1998) 43-50.
14. A.M. Alsoraya, B.A. Henaish and M.M. Al-Shammari
TL-Dating of some Aged Archeological Pottery Shreds.
Arab J. Nucl. Sci. and appl. 32(1)1999, 109-118.
15. A.M. Alsoraya, B.A. Henaish and M.M. Al-Shammari
TL-Properties of Some Archaeological Pottery Artifacts
Arab J. Nucl. Sci. and App. 32(1)1999, 119-128.
16. A.M. Alsoraya
Nature of Gamma Background Radiation in an Old Building of King Saud University at Malaz
Egypt. J. Biophys. Biomed. Engng., 1(2000) 81-91.
17. A.M. Alsoraya
Preliminary Investigation of Saudi Fluorite for Radiation Dosimetry, , to be published at J. KSU., Sci. 15,2(2002).
18. A.M. Alsoraya
Phenomenological Description of Ground State Bands for Doubly Even-Pu-Isotopes, Bull. Iso. Rad. Res. Egypt, (2002) 34, 1
19.M.S. Alayed, M. S. Garawi, S. S. Al-Ghamdi, A. M. Alsoraya and S. U. El-Kameesy
Environmental Radiation Doses at King Saud University Campus, J.KSU.,Sci, Saudi Arabia, (2004) 17,71.
20. M.M. Elkholy, A.M. Alsoraya and A. Yosuf
Thermoluminescence Properties of P2 O5 –Li2O Glass Systems Doped with MgO
and CuO., Bull, Iso. Rad. Res. Egypt, 39,3(2007).