Smoking Awareness Workshop
Date: 2008 Mar 16th- Mar 18th
Venue: College of Applied Medical Sciences, Ground Floor Hall
Objectives: This workshop was held to aware the students and staff about the harmful affects of active smoking as well as passive –second hand smoking- on the whole body systems in general and on the oral cavity in particular.
· Demonstrators: Hadeel Mohammad Ayoub & Nuha Ejaz Ahmad
· Anti Smoke Charitable Association
· Interns: Amani Alai
· Students: Dental Health Department Students from all levels
· Smoking cessation program booth
· Videos of the affects of smoking on the oral and pharyngeal cavities displayed on laptops.
· Oral hygiene instruction booth
· Pamphlets, CD’s, giveaways booth
· Interactive discussion session about the causes that lead to smoking, how to control them, possible ways to prohibit smoking in public areas