Dental Radiology -1-
Course Description: This course is scheduled for LEVEL 6 students. It is basically an introduction to the clinical practice. It prepares the students from A-Z to the coming clinical sessions by practicing in a Phantom Laboratory.
Course Place: King Saud University, Dental College at Malaz.
Date & Time: Sunday from 01:00 to 03:00
1. Introduction to the infection control procedures.
2. Introduction to the x-ray units, films, and dark room.
3. Practicing safety measures in x-ray room.
4. Film processing.
5. Anatomical land marks.
6. Periapical x-rays for all 20 CMS in paralleling and dissecting techniques.
7. Bitewing x-rays for all pre-molars and molars.
8. Introduction to the panoramic (OPG) exposures.
10. Countinuess assessment throughout the sessions.
11. Final Exam.