Speech Language Pathology 1. RHS 249
1. What are the major tasks of a speech clinician?
2. A child case history form is usually completed by :Childs Parents or care giver
3. Rapport means: Good, Professional, comfortable relationship between the therapist and the client.
4. ( F ) Diagnosis refers only to labeling a disorder.
5. ( T ) SLPs are independent professionals.
6. ( T ) Premature babies are at risk for developing speech and language problems.
7. ( F ) It is recommended that a clinician asks only predetermined questions during an interview.
8. ( F ) Downs Syndrome is an example of a functional cause of speech language disorder.
9. List three clinical tools used for assessment by a speech language pathologist.
10. Match items in the left column to items in the right column.
A. Convulsions ( B ) Loss of oxygen
B. Hypoxia ( D ) temporary hearing loss
C. Meningitis ( C ) permanent hearing loss
D. Ear infections ( A ) seizures