NAME: Abdulaziz S. Al-Turbak
DATE OF BIRTH: November 26, 1945
NATIONALITY: SAUDI ARABIAN
GENDER & MARITAL STATUS: MALE & MARRIED
POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O. Box 800, Riyadh 11421, SAUDI ARABIA
Phone +966-1-4677088 - Fax: 966-1-4673517
Ph.D. (1983): Colorado State University, U.S.A.
M.S. (1978): Colorado State University, U.S.A.
B.S. (1971): University of Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Major Field: Hydrology and Water Resources
MAJOR ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS
1995 - Now Professor, Civil Engineering Department, King Saud University (KSU), Saudi Arabia
1989 - 1995 Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Department, KSU
1983 - 1989 Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, KSU
1999 - present Dean, College of Engineering, KSU
1988 - 1992 Chairman, Civil Engineering Department, KSU
1995 - 1999 Member of the board of Journal of Engineering Sciences, KSU
1996 - 1999 Member of the KSU Scientific Council and
Member of College of Engineering Council
CONSULTANCY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member of many past and present technical committees (working on water related problems)
- Consultant to Ministry of Agriculture & Water 1984 – 1988
- Consultant to Ministry of Planning 1993 – Now
- Participated in many consultative works to governmental and non-governmental organization and institutions.
SCIENTIFIC & RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Published more than 40 articles and lectures in local, regional and international journals and conferences
- Participated as a principal investigator and co-investigator in many research projects funded by KACST (King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology)
- Review of many articles submitted to refereed regional and international journals
- Review of Promotional papers
- Membership in many scientific societies and organizations including IWRA, ASCE, IAHS, GWSE