Course Title : DENTAL RADIOGRAPHY
Course Number : DEH 361
Credit Hours : 2 + 1 = 3
Instructors : Dr. Fahmy Mubark (course director)
Dr. Welita Lim
D.H. Muneera Al-Zeer
D.H. Rasha Al-Otaibi
A lecture and laboratory course designed to examine the use of radiation in dental practice including a study of the physical properties of radiation, biological effect on the patient, composition and preparation of dark room chemicals and practical experience in clinical technique, processing, evaluation and equipment maintenance and radiographic interpretation.
After studying the course the student will be able to:
1. Comprehend the principles of dental radiography
2. Identify biological aspects of radiation and protection
3. Identify factors affecting image, projection geometry image characteristics
4. Identify components parts of dental X-ray film
5. Describe the basic principles of intra-oral radiographic techniques; periapical radiography, bitewing radiography
6. Describe the basic principles of occlusal radiography
7. Identify the principles of processing of dental X-ray film
8. Identify different anatomical landmarks as presented in intra-oral radiographs
9. Identify radiographic errors and how to correct them
10. Identify radiographic interpretation of periodontal diseases
11. Identify radiographic interpretation of caries
1- Essential physics for radiographers, Ball J. &Moore A. /Second Edition/1986/Blackwell Scientific Publication
2- Essentials of dental radiography for dental assistants and hygienists. De Lyre W. & Johnson O. /Third Edition /1985/Prentice-Hall Inc.
3- Dental radiography /Principles &Techniques. Haring J. &Jansen L. /Second Edition/2000/Saunders.
4- McMinn color atlas of head and neck anatomy. Logan B.,Reynolds P. &Hutchings R./Third Edition/2004/Mosby