This course is an actual experience in literature retrieval and analysis and dissemination of drug and poison information.
1. To begin developing some of the essential skills of a clinical pharmacist.
a) Providing drug and poison information by utilizing appropriate references and evaluating the drug literature.
b) Communicating clinical information effectively to health professionals.
2. To introduce the student to drug trials and research design in addition to the application and limitations of bio- statistics.
3. To provide the student with some experience in drug and poison information services.
1. Need and justification of Drug and Poison Information Services.
2. Clinical Studies:
- Basic principles of a clinical study.
- Writing and evaluating a clinical study.
3. Biostatistic Applications.
4. Drug literature evaluation:
- Case studies in literature evaluation
5. Poison information services:
- Poison information literature
- Concepts for handling poison calls
- Case studies in poisoning management