Sample of the Ophthalmology Course(Ophth432) MCQs questions:
1. All pass through Superior ophthalmic fissure except:-
a- Trochlear nerve.
b- Abducent nerve.
c- Lacrimal nerve.
d- Sympathetic nerve.
e- Maxillary nerve. ç
2. The maxillary nerve passes through :-
a. Foramen oval.
b. Foramen rotandoum. ç
c. Foramen spinosum.
d. Foramen magnum
3. Screening for Retinopathy Of Prematurity is at:-
a- 2 weeks.
b- 2 – 3 weeks.
c- At birth
d- 4 – 6 weeks. ç
e- After 7 weeks.
4. Which light's wavelength having high frequency:
d- Violet ç
5. Characteristic features of laser are:- One False
d- Incoherent ç
6. Average volume of the orbit is:-
a- 25 cc
b- 30 cc ç
c- 20 cc
d- 40 cc
e- 35 cc
7. Aqueous Humor formation is by:-
b- Ultra filtration
c- Active secretion
d- Both a & b
e- All the above ç
8. Ophthalmic ultrasound used in B-scan is having frequency of :-
a- 25 M Hertz
b- 15 M Hertz
c- 5 M Hertz
d- 7 -10 M Hertz ç
9. The following structures are normally seen in anterior chamber angle EXCEPT:-
a- Ciliary body band
b- Trabecular meshwork
c- Sclera spur
d- Blood can be seen in schlems canal.
e- Peripheral anterior synechiae ç
10. Type I Neurofibromatosis associated with all EXCEPT:-
a- Leish nodules.
b- Wilm's tumor.
c- Absence of the patella.
d- Acoustic neuroma ç
11. The following antibiotics are Bacteriostatic Except:-
d- Ciprofloxacin ç
12. In fungal keratitis the following can be used except :-
a- Amphotericine B
d- Fluroquinolones ç
13. The post operative astigmatism in Extracapsular Cataract Extraction depends on the following EXCEPT:-
a- Wound size
b- Type of sutures
c- Technique of suturing
d- Pre-operative astigmatism
e- Time of surgery ç
14. How many mm medial to the medial canthus is the angular vein :
a- 10 mm
b- 12 mm
c- 8 mm ç
d- 6 mm
15. In retinoblastoma, a pathological report must clearly note :-
a. Choroidal involvement.
b. Optic nerve head involvement. ç
c. Size of the tumor.
d. Type of the tumor cells.
16. What is the spherocylindrical lens which it's spherical equivalent is + 0.75 :
a- + 2.50 - 1.50 X 90
b- + 2.50 + 1.50 X 30
c- + 2.50 - 3.50 X 30 ç
d- + 3.00 – 2.00 X 75
e- - 1.00 - 2.50 X 112
17. Which of the following masquerade syndromes can present like orbital cellulitis :
c. Uveal melanoma.
e. All ç
18. All of the following can be used in the treatment of aqueous misdirection Exccept :-
c- Pilocarpin ç
19. Retinopathy of Prematurity one false:-
a- Can regress spontaneously.
b- Is associated with low birth weight.
c- Cryotherapy used in treatment of ROP having good outcome
d- Laser is less effective than cryotherapy ç
e- Stage V carrying the poorest outcome.
20. Thinnest part of the sclera :-
a- At equator
b- At limbus
c- At macula
d- Underneath the extra-ocular muscle insertions ç
21. follicular conjunctivitis is more superior in which disease:
a- adult inclusion conjunctivitis
b- Trachoma ç
22. In the treatment of endophthalmitis all true excepts:
a- Use broad specterum Antibiotics.
b- 30-40%of staphylococcus epidermidis is methicilen resistant.
c- Cefazolin is effective aginst most coagulase –ve staph. ç
d- Gentamycine can cause macular infarction
e- Ceftazidime can cover gram –ve