Full name: Ebtesam Mohammed Salah Al- Olayan
E-Mail: eolayan@hotmail. Com
Women Student Medical Studies & Sciences Sections
King Saud University
P.O. Box 22452, Riyadh 11495
.1- The degree of Doctor of Philosophy from University of Keele on the 25th of September, 2002 (1422H), specialized Parasitology .
2- Academic: Bachelor Degree of Applied Medical Sciences ,
The field: Clinical Laboratory Sciences 1992/1993 (1413)
1-Assistant of Doctor at Zoology department Collage of Sciences King Saud University 2004 (1425H)
2- Assistant Head of Zoology department Collage of Sciences King Saud University 2005 (1426)
- British Society for Parasitology, Society for Experimental Biology, 1999-
- International Council for Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (ICCIDD)
– King Saud University Scientific Oasis (KASAB) 2007
– Member of the team unit of Nanotechnology in King Saud University 2007
– Saudi Biological Society 2007
– Liaison Officer with Arab Science & Technology Foundation (ASTF), 2007
(Arab Women Associaciation for Research and Development)(Sharjah)
Recent Journal Articles
· Al-Olayan, E., Hurd, H., & Arrighi, R. (2000). In vitro culture of the mosquito stages of plasmodium berghei: a tool for investigating interactions between parasite and vector. Biochemical Society Transactions, 28 (5), A475.
· Al-Olayan, E. M., Beetsma, A. L., Butcher, G. A., Sinden, R. E., & Hurd, H. (2002). Complete development of mosquito phases of the malaria parasite in vitro. Science, 295, 677-679.
· Al-Olayan, E., Williams, G. T., & Hurd, H. (2002). Apoptosis in the malaria protozoan, Plasmodium berghei: a possible mechanism for limiting intensity of infection in the mosquito. International Journal of Parasitology, 32, 1133-1143.
· Hurd, H., Al-Olayan, E., & Butcher, G. (2003). In vitro methods for culturing vertebrate and mosquito stages of Plasmodium. Microbes and Infection, 5, 321-327.
· The eleventh Malaria Meeting, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Infection and Immunity. In vitro development of oocysts of the rodent malaria, Plasmodium berghei. 20-22 September 1999.
· International Congress of Biochemical and Molecular Biology, Parasitology Satellite Meeting; University of Manchester, 13-15 July 2000. In vitro culture of the mosquito stages of plasmodium berghei: a tool for investigating interactions between parasite and vector.
· British Society of Parasitology, Spring Meeting, Keele University, 17-21 April 2001.
· Apoptosis in Ookinetes of Plasmodium berghei in vitro and in vivo.
· 3rd International Congress of Vector Ecology, Barcelona. Spain, 16-21 September 2001. Axenic Development of the mosquitoes midgut stages of Plasmodium berghei: ookinetes to sporozoites.
· XI International Congress of Parasitology, 6-11 August 2006 SECC Glasgow Scotland: Investigation into the role of nitric oxide as an external signal to initiate apoptosis.
· The 4th conference on Scientific Research Outlook & Technology Development in the Arab World, Dec. 11-14,2006-Umayyad Palace, Damascus Syrian Arab Republic
· International Conference on Women Leaders in Science, Technology and Engineering. 8-10 January 2007, Arab Organization Headquarters, Kuwait: Stimulating the Role of Arab Women Specialized in S&t for the Development and Progress of the Arab Countries
· 3rd Saudi Science Conference ( New Horizons in Science and their Application) 10-13 March 2007 collage of Science-King Saud University, Riyadh: Sero-epidemiological Studies of Toxoplasmosis in Chicken Slaughghtered in Riyadh Region.
· 3rd Saudi Science Conference ( New Horizons in Science and their Application) 10-13 March 2007 collage of Science-King Saud University, Riyadh
The Role of Nitric Oxide as a Signal that Induces Apoptosis in Plasmodium bergheii
· Diplomatic Arab Women’n Forum in Radisson SAS Vienna from 19-21 March 2007