Majed Mohammed Al-Obailan, MBBS.
Address P.o. Box 17182 Riyadh 11484
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), King Saud University, KSA, 2001/2002, succeeded in 213 hrs of 213 hrs with grade of Very Good.
• King Saud University fellowship certificate in ophthalmology 2007.
• Saudi Board of Opthalmology (SSC- Ophth) 2007.
• Subspecialty fellowship in anterior segment : cornea, cataract and refractive surgery at King Khaled Eye Specialist hospital 2008
• Internship: In King Khaled University Hospital between July 2002 to June 2003 with excellent evaluation. I had 10 weeks rotation in department of Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I had 5 weeks elective rotation in ophthalmology and 5 weeks in Otorhinolaryngeology.
• Residency: Saudi ophthalmology program and king Saud University Fellowship in Riyadh. During my residency training program I practised in general and emergency ophthalmology in total of four years with good clinical and surgical skills in all ophthalmology subspecialties.
• Fellowship: King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, Riyadh, Fellow in Anterior segment division and Cornea 2008.
Assistance professor in ophthalmology department. Collage of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh march 2009.
Fellow at King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital in cornea and anterior segment division 2008.
Demonstrator in ophthalmology department. Collage of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh may 2007- February 2009.
Resident at King Abdulaziz University Hospital, department of ophthalmology, September 2003 – April 2007.
Member in the Scientific Program Committee of the Saudi Opthalmology 2008, neuor-ophthalmology section.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
• Residancy in Saudi Speciality Program of Ophthalmology in Riyadh.
• Selected to be the beast resident during second and third year of my residency training.
• Attending and participating in the Saudi ophthalmology society symposiums.
• Speaker in the Saudi ophthalmology society symposium in 2007.
• Attended PAACO conference in Dubai April 2005.
• Currently I am involved in two research project in the field of ophthalmology.
• I have already two papers approved for publication in the Saudi journal of ophthalomolgy.
• BLS & ACLS provider KKUH, 2000 and 2009.
• English language course at community service center, 1997.
• Saudi Council for Health Specialties Exam (SLE), Riyadh, 2002
• Others: 1- Knotting & Suturing Exercise KKUH, Riyadh, 2001
2- Department of Surgery First Annual Research Conference KKUH, Riyadh 2001.
3- Certificate of Appreciation from Department of Surgery KKUH.
4- Attended the last four yearly ophthalmology seminars at KKUH
Case report, Capsular phimosis with complete occlusion of the anterior capsular opening after intact capsulorrhexis, accepted for publication in Saudi journal of ophthalmology.
Review article, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, as co-author, accepted for publication in Saudi journal of ophthalmology.
Outcome of primary pars plana vitrectomy for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment following cataract surgery.
Further Data and References are Available upon Request