PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES AND SYMPOSIUMS:
1) Meeting of European Association for study of Diabetes (EASD) Whittaker J, Hammond V, Al-Attas O.S., Alberti KGMM, Insulin interaction with hepatocytes: Evidence for ligand stimulated acceleration pinocytosis., Amsterdam. 1982.
2) British Diabetic Association (BDA) Meeting Al-Attas O.S., Taylor R, whittaker JA. Comparison of methods for the preparation of purified insulin receptor., Dublin 1982.
3) The 2nd National Meeting of Chemists Al-Attas O.S.; Insulin receptor and insulin action., King Saud University . Riyadh, 1987.
4) The 2nd National Meeting of Chemists Al-Attas O.S., Laajam MA, Khan Ms, Al-Drees AZ Salman H. beta cell function in newly diagnosed Saudi diabetic patients., King Saud University. Riyadh 1987.
5) International conference on Medical Science kwait 1990.
A- Al-Attas O.S., Laajam MA, Khan MS, Al-Drees AZ, Vigo N. Residual beta function in newly diagnosed diabetic patient in Saudi Arabia.
B- Al-Okail M.S., Al-Attas O.S., Vigo NT; Characterization of insulin receptor interaction in Saudi diabetic pregnancy.
C-Laajam MA, Jim LK, El Bolbol, Bashi SA, Al-Khayal LA, Al-Attas O.S., Sulimani RA, Guar gum in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients mellitus: A double blind crossover placebo control trail in Saudi Arabian patients.
6) The 1st Arab-African Conference on Clinical Biochemistry –
Al-Attas O.S., Al Taib, Al-Nuaim A, Al-Okail, Al Dagheri NM, Vigo N, Bukoir A, Khan T, Marie ME, Hassonah H. Prospective study on the etiology of gestational diabetes mellitus.
7) The 1st international workshop on Gestational Diabetes in
GCC countries – Riyadh , K.S.A 1995
Al-Attas O.S., Effect of Some A Etiological Factors on insulin Target sensitivity in GDM and women high risk of developing it.
8) The 11th Asian conference on Endocrinology-Seul, Korea 1998
Al-Attas O.S., Effect of Pregnancy on Insulin Receptor Binding in Gestational diabetes Mellitus.
9) The 15th International meeting on chemistry Education-Cairo,
A- Al-Attas O.S., al Nuaim A, Al Rubeaan K, Al Dagheri NM. Clinical biochemistry role in diabetes mellitus in Saudi Arabia.
B- Al Dagheri NM, Al-Attas O.S., Al Nuaim A, Sulimani R. Iodine determination in urine, water and Arabic staple foods: A comparative evaluation of iodine selective electrode, Calorimetric and HPLC methods.
10) The 3rd International Meeting on Diabetes Mellitus in west
pasific countries – Hong Kong 1997
Al-Attas O.S., Al-Dagheri, effect of some etiological factors on insulin target sensitivity in GDM and women at risk of development it.
11) The 1st International Congress on “PREDIA ETES’ and The Metabolic Syndrome – Berlin- Germany 2005.
Al-Attas O1, Al-Daghri N1, Al-Rubian K1, Kumar S2, Jones AF2. Honocystein levels in Saudis with Impaired Glucose Tolerance Test and Diabetes Mellitus
12) The 4th Asian Congress of Dietetics – Manila- Philippine 2006.
Al-Attas O, Al-Daghri N, K Al-Rubean, Bartlett WA, Martin SC, Kumar S, Jones AF. Fasting Plasma Homocysteine concentration is Higher in Elderly People and Associated with Glucose in the Metabolic Syndrome.
13) The 15th European Congress on Obesity – Budapest – Hungary 2007.
Al-Attas Omar. Adipocytokine profile in metabolic syndrome as by various criteria.
14) The 2nd International Conference on Pre-diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome 2007, Barcelona Spain.Al-Attas OS. And Al-Daghri NM. The association between adipocytokine profiles and insulin resistance in obese Saudi subjects,
15) The 1st International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes. Prague, Czech Republic- 27/Feb-1/Mar/2008.
1( The 2nd International Symposium on Insulin Action and Insulin
Receptor – Rome, Italy 1983
Al-Attas O.S., Taylor R, Whittaker J, Aberti KGMM, Cooperative and non-cooperative insulin binding sites in rat liver membranes.
2) Symposium on Diabetes Mellitus – Riyadh, K.S.A 1986
Laajam MA, Al-Attas O.S., Khan MS, Al Drees AZ. Clinical characteristics and C-peptide status in 200 newly diagnosed Saudi diabetics
3) The 2nd Symposium on Gestational Diabetes International,
Prince Salman Bin Abdulaziz Hospital – Riyadh, K.S.A- Nov. 1993
Al-Attas O.S., Al Taib, Al Nuaim A, Al Okail M, Al Dagheri NM, Vigo N, Bukair A, Khoga T, Marie M, Hassonah M. prospective study on the etiology of gestational diabetes mellitus.
4) The 2nd and 3rd Diabetes Education Course , January 1995
Diabetic Center, College of Medicine , King Abdulaziz University
Hospital,Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Al-Attas O.S., Monitoring diabetes patients part III venous blood testing, HbAIc and frucosamine.
5) International Symposium – diabetes in pregnancy in Arab
Gulf Countries , King Fahad Hospital –National Guard 1995
Effect of some a Etiological Factors on Insulin Target Sensitivity in
GDM and women at high risk of developity it.
6) The 11th Asia – Oceania Congress of endocrinology – Seuol,
Al-Attas O.S, Effect of pregnancy on insulin recepter binding in
gestationanl diabetes mellitus.
7) The 15th meeting for Chemistry Education
( Aen shams University – Cairo, Egypt 1998 )
8) The 21th symposium of the federation of the inernational donau-symposia of diabetes mellitus. Riga- Latvia-2006.
Al-Attas O, Al-Daghri N. Plasma resistin and leptin levels in male and female normal subjects:correlations with fat mobilization