Name: Bassim Ahamad AL-Ibrahim
Date of Birth: 1956 A.D
Marital Status: Married
Language: Arabic – English
Address: P.O.box 2460 , Riyadh , Saudi Arabia 11451.
Completed the requirements for the doctor of Philosophy degree in Agricultural and Resource Economics, School of Economics, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington State, USA, May 1987.
Received the degree (First honor) of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Agriculture Economics Major) from the College of Agriculture, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, May, 1978.
(1) Teacher Assistant at Faculty of Agriculture, King Saud University, Riyadh From 1978 To 1987.
(2) Assistant Professor of Agriculture Economics in the Department of Agriculture Economics at Faculty of Agriculture in The Period 1987 To 1993.
(3) Associate Professor in King Saud University at the Department of Agriculture Economics, Faculty of Agriculture from 1993. Until 1999.
(4) Professor in King Saud University at the Department of Agriculture Economics, Faculty of Agriculture from 1999. Until now.
(5) A Consultant (1994-till 2000) at the Saudi Consulting House (SCH)-which is headed by the Minister of industry and electricity – to review all the feasibility studies of industrial projects done by (SCH) and also a member of the committee which is planning the new industrial policy.
(6) The head of the research team assigned by the Ministry of Agriculture to assess the expected impacts of joining the World Trade Organization on the Saudi Agricultural sector.
(7) The head of the research team assigned by the Ministry of Agriculture to design a strategy to the Saudi Agricultural sector.
(8) A Consultant (2001-till 2005) at the Saudi Arabian Agricultural Bank.
(9) Editorial Chief of Journal of Economic Studies Issued by Saudi Economic Association.
(10) Member of Advisory Committee to the Saudi Higher Economic Council (2002-till now).
(11) Member of the Shura Council - The Economic and Energy Committee- (2005- till now).
(12) Member of the Transition Arab Parliament (2005-till now).