BCH 475 Biochemistry of Carcinogens (2+0) credit-hours
Basic principle of enviromental carcinogensis. Understanding of how enviromental agents contribute to induce cancer.
Sat. and Mon. From 8-9 Bld.6 Ro. no. 498
Marks:First continous exam - 20 points
Second continous exam- 20 points
Final exam- 60 points
Final exam date: As Schedule.
· Carcinogenesis (BCH 475) Credit hours 2.0
· Pre-requisites for this course Metabolism I (BCH 347)
This course deals with environmental carcinogens. Introduction to cancer as uncontrolled cell division, role of oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes. Screening of the mode of carcinogenicity of chemical carcinogens, physical carcinogens (X rays and UV light), carcinogenicity of hormones, Oncogenic viruses, food and cancer.
- Topics to be Covered
- Cell cycle and cancer
- Dose assessment and mechanism of carcinogenicity
- Occupational carcinogens
- Metabolism of carcinogens
- Chemical carcinogens
- Physical carcinogens
- Solid state and metal carcinogens
- Carcinogenicity of hormones
- Oncogenic viruses
- Food and cancer
- First continuos exam: 16/3/1429
- Second continuos exam: 27/4/1429