Abdullah Mohammed Al-Fawaz, MBBS, FRCS.
Address P.o. Box 89860 Riyadh 11692
Plep. 732 KKESH
summary of Qualifications
· Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), King Saud University, KSA, 2000/2001, succeeded in 213 hrs of 213 hrs with grade of Very Good.
· International council of ophthalmology ICO certificate in 2005.
· King Saud university fellowship certificate 2007.
· Saudi board of ophthalmology (SSC- Ophth) 2007.
· FRCS University of Glasgow certificate in Dec. 2008.
· Internship: In KKUH between 04.08.2001 to 23.07.2002 with very good evaluation. I had 10 weeks rotation in department of Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I had 5 weeks elective rotation in ophthalmology and 5 weeks in radiology.
· Residency: Saudi ophthalmology program and king Saud University Fellowship in Riyadh. During my residency training program I practised in general and emergency ophthalmology in total of four years. Also, I had good clinical and surgical skills in all ophthalmology subspecialties.
· Fellowship: Cornea, catarract and refractive surgery subspecialty fellowship program at King Khalid Eye Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia for one year Jan 2008- Dec. 2008.
· Ophthalmology resident at King AbdulAziz University Hospital where I spent one year as general ophthalmologist before joining residency program.
· Chief Intern during my internship.
· Chief residents in all my residency training years.
· Chief fellow at King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital. And I am doing cornea and anterior segment fellowship.
· Currently I am working at King Saud University, Collage of Medicine, Riyadh as an assistant professor in ophthalmology department.
· Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
· Residency in Saudi Speciality Program of Ophthalmology in Riyadh.
· Selected to be the beast resident during first and fourth year of my residency training.
· Attending and participating in the Saudi ophthalmology society symposiums.
· Speaker in the Saudi ophthalmology society symposium in 2006 and 2007.
· Participating in PAACO conference in Dubai April 2005.
· I attended the last European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) meeting in Stockholm, Sweden September 2007.
· Currently I am involved in two research project in the field of ophthalmology.
· I have already two publications in the Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology and one article published in the journal of Cornea titled as “Penetrating Keratoplasty for Trachomatous Corneal Scarring”.
· BLS & ACLS provider KKUH, 1999.
· English language course at Berlitz language center in USA, 2000.
· Saudi Council for Health Specialties Exam (SLE), Riyadh, 2002
· Success in Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination, 2002.
· Others: 1- Knotting & Suturing Exercise KKUH, Riyadh, 2001
2- Department of Surgery First Annual Research Conference KKUH,
3- Certificate of Appreciation from Department of Surgery KKUH.
4- Attending the last four yearly ophthalmology seminars at KKUH.