Rad 454 : Computer in Medicine
The course is tailored to address the need of knowledge in computing and information technology for the fast developing field of medical imaging. The student is introduced into fundamentals of digital imaging, image processing, and computer networking in medical imaging.
1. Introduction into computing
2. Digital imaging and digital signal processing (DSP)
3. Computing architecture
5. Computing in medical imaging.
6. Radiological information system (RIS).
7. Hospital information system (HIS).
8. Picture archiving communication systems (PACS).
1- Digital Radiography and PACS, Authors: Christi Carter and Beth Veale , publisher: Mosby, 2007
2- PACS and Imaging Informatics: Basic Principles and Applications, Auther: H. K. Huang, publisher: Wiley-Liss, 2004