Curriculum Vitae of Mansour Al-Hashim
Name: Mansour Hashim M. Al-Hashim
PO Box 54214
Phone: (+966 543157822)
- Kansas State University, Kansas, USA
Graduation date: August 2009
Degree: M.S., Geology
Thesis: Comparing the tidally influenced facies of the Tonganoxie sandstone in northeastern Kansas with modern analogs from Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet, Alaska, USA.
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Graduation date: June 2001
Degree: B.S., Geology
- Teaching Assistant (2002-2004), King Saud University, Geology Department, Saudi Arabia
Responsible for teaching lab component of sedimentary
petrology, carbonate petrography, and invertebrate
paleontology classes. Assisted in development of lab
curriculum. Updated and revised existing lab assignments.
Assisted students individually with homework problems
Teaching Assistant (2007-present), King Saud University, Geology Department, Saudi Arabia
Duties: Teaching lab component of structural geology,
sedimentary petrology, and carbonate petrography
classes. Introducing computer-based geology labs to
replace some paper-based labs. Supervising and
instructing students in conducting petrographic
investigations and helping them with other laboratory
- Treasurer, Kansas State University Geophysical Society affiliated with the Society of Exploration Geophysicists, 2007.
- Member, Geological Society of America, 2005-2007.
- Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists, 2006-2010.
- Member, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, 2006-2009.
- Member, Committee of Alumni and Recruitment Affairs, Geology Department, King Saud University, 2009-present.
- Member, Kansas State Alumni Association, 2010-present.
- Member, Follow-up Committee and Development, Department of Geology and Geophysics, King Saud University, 2011.
- Member, Saudi Society for Geosciences, 2011.
- Volcanology, summer camp, New Mexico, USA- sponsored by the Department of Geology at Kansas State University (2005).
- Characteristics of tidal flats, fieldwork, Alaska, USA- sponsored by the Department of Geology at Kansas State University (2006).
- Death Valley Summer Camp, California, USA- sponsored by the Department of Geology at Kansas State University (2007).
- Geology of the Southern Part of the Arabian-Nubian Shield, summer camp, Abha, Saudi Arabia- sponsored by the Geology Department at King Saud University (2008).
- Geology of the Northern Part of the Arabian-Nubian Shield, summer camp, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia- sponsored by the Geology Department at King Saud University (2009).
Arabic and English