Phone + (966)504226605.
o Medical school:
o 1994-2000 at king Saud University, College Of Medicine.
o My cumulative GPA is 4.26/5, (very good with second honor degree).
o I completed the internship (clinical training year) with evaluation of very good.
o I spent most of the period at King Khalid University Hospital.
o The Saudi Plastic Surgery Program is a 6 years training program, supervised by Canadian trained staff physicians.
o I spent the 1st two years doing the following rotations:
o Plastic surgery rotation (for 3 months).
o General surgery rotation (for 6 months).
o Orthopaedic surgery rotation (for 3 months).
o Emergency medicine rotation (for 3 months).
o Intensive care medicine rotation (for 3 months).
o Oral and maxillofacial surgery rotation (for 3 months).
o ENT surgery rotation (for 3 months).
o The next 4 years are spent in plastic surgery divisions in different hospitals here in Riyadh, were I had the opportunity to do and assist in most of the plastic surgery procedures and operations under the supervision of a group of well Canadian trained staff physician and professors.
o In each year there was a promotion exam, and residents must pass that exam in order to proceed for the next level of training.
- I have passed the Medical Council of Canada Evaluation Examination (MCCEE) held on August 1, 2002.
- I passed all the promotion exams in the Saudi Plastic Surgery Program.
- I passed the Saudi plastic surgery program final exam on December 2007.( honor degree holder)
- I have attended the following courses and symposiums:
- Craniomaxillofacial S.O.R.G. course on 2006.
- Perforator flap course on 2005.
- Facial and breast cosmetic surgery update on 2004.
- Burn management course on 2002.
- Rhinoplasty course on 2002.
- Intensive course on:
- Planning and performing a research.
- Writing and presenting a scientific paper.
- Microsurgery techniques course on 2003.
- Cleft lip and palate workshop held on 2003.
Research and studies:
- I studied the prevalence of Stahl’s ear deformity in Saudi Arabia, JPRAS, vol 6, 2007.
- Al-Qattan MM, Al-Zahrani K. Open reduction and cerclage wire fixation for long oblique/spiral fractures of the proximal phalanx of the fingers. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2008 Apr;33(2):170-3.