· Gastric Motility and Secretion
1. Describe the innervation of the stomach and the sphincters.
2. Describe various regions of the stomach and the electrical and contractile activity of each.
3. Define the basic rate of contractions.
4. Describe the progression of contractile waves across the stomach and correlate this with the effects on the contents of the stomach.
5. Discuss the Role of the pyloris and the influences on its contractile state.
6. Discuss the factors that influence and control gastric emptying.
7. Stomach Cell Types that Contribute to Gastric Secretions.
8. Gastric Juice.
9. Hydrochloric Acid and Parietal Cell.
10. Function of Gastric Secretion.
11. Neural and Hormonal Control of Gastric Secretion.
12. Acid Secretion during Ingested Meal.
13. Mechanisms that Inhibit Gastric Acid.
14. List the possible causes of vomiting.
15. Describe the neural control of vomiting reflex.
16. Describe the process of vomiting and appreciate clinical correlates.
17. Describe the characteristics of the migrating motor complex (MMC), when it occurs, its function and how it is controlled.