Approved Research Project (work in progress)
1. (Principal Investigator) Saleh Al-Muhsen, Rabih Halawani, Hamdan Al-Jahdali, Nouf Al-Khamees, Abdullah Al-Angeri, , Muslim Al-Saadi, Abdulrahman Al-Frayh, Ahmed Bahammam Qutayba Hamid, Stephen Holgate. “Novel genetic variations contributing to Asthma susceptibility in Saudi Arabia”
2. (Principal Investigator) Saleh Al-Muhsen, Osama Alsmadi, Abdulaziz Al-Ghonaium, Hamoud Al-Mousa, Hasan Al-Dhekri, Sulaiman Al-Gazlan, Hassan Al-Rayes, Rand Arnaout, Bandar Al-Saud, Anas Al-Azami, “Underlying Molecular Defects of Chronic Granulomatous Diseases (CGD) in a Cohort of Saudi Patients”. (RAC # 2070 017)
3. (Principal Investigator) S Al-Muhsen, M Ayas, N Al-Khamees, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Rayes, H Al-Mousa, H Al-Dhekri, R Arnaout, A Tbakhi, H El-Solh, A Al-Seraihy, A Al-Jefri, S Rifai, H Shahin. “The outcome of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in severe combined immunodeficiency diseases: KFSHRC experience compared to international data”. (RAC # 2051 052)
4. (Principal Investigator) S Al-Muhsen, Amal Al-Hemidan, Amer Al-Shehri, Abdullah Al-Herbi, Ibrahim Bin-Hussain, Abdulaziz AlGhonaium “chorioretinal lesions in chronic granulomatous diseases” (RAC # 2041032)
5. (Principal Investigator) Saleh Al-Muhsen, Reem Al-Khalifah, Abdulmajeed Al-Sebaiheen, Khaled Al-Qahtani, Saleh Al-Dhahri, Mohammed Jad-AlRab. Allergic fungal sinusitis clinical, radiologica, histopathological description with immunological correlation
6. (Principal Investigator) Saleh Al-Muhsen, Mohammed Gad-Alrab, Rabih Halawani, Ahmed Bahammam, Abdulrahman Al-Frayh, Muslim Al-Saadi, Kristine Concepcion. Is the skin prick test (type I) adequate for detecting possible causative allergens in patients with chronic (persistent) asthma? A comparative study with atopy patch test, Th1, Th2 Cytokine assessment and mediator measurement. (funded by the bronchial asthma research chair, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia)
7. (Co-Principal Investigator) B Al-Saud, S Al-Muhsen, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Mousa, H Al-Dhekri, H Al-Rayes, R Arnaout, S Al-Gazlan, N Elsayed “Establishment of Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PID) Registry at KFSHRC”. (RAC # 2081 111)
8. (Co- Principal Investigator) Adeeb Al-Omrani, Namik Kaya, S. Al-Muhsen, Mohammed Al-Owain, Hamad Al-Zaidan, Richard Hakansson, Christer Ullbro, Dilek Colak, Said Dermeme, Brian Meyer “Gene expression and immunohistological finding in patients with Papillon-Lefevre Syndrome”. (RAC # 2070 022)
9. (Co-Principal investigator) Mohammad D. Bazzi, Mohammed Al-Anazi, Nada A. Al-Tassan, Arjomund Warsy, Mohamed Al-Hajjaj, Assim Al Fadda, Saleh Al Muhsen, Qutayba Hamid “Genetic variations of ADAM33 in normal versus asthmatic Saudi patients”. Funded by the Biotechnology excellence center and asthma research chair, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
10. (Co-Principal investigator) Rabih Halawani, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Qutayba Hamid, Abdulrahman Al-Frayh, Ahmed Bahammam, Muslim Al-Saadi, Hamdan Al-Jahdali, Mohammed Gad-Alrab “Role of Eosinophils in ASM proliferation in Asthmatic and Healthy controls. Funded from King Abdulaziz city for science and technology, Saudi Arabia (1,200,000 SAR)
11. (Co-Principal investigator) Hamdan Al-Jahdali, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Zuhair Assiri, Waleed Al Gadhi, Saeed Dolgum, Kristine Concepcion “Factors Associated with Patients Visits to Emergency Department for Asthma Therapy.
12. (Co-Investigator) A Al-Ahmari, A Al-Ghonaium, M Ayas, H Al-Mousa, A Al-Jefri, B Al-Saud, A Al-Seraihy, S Al-Muhsen, M Al-Mahr, H Al-Dhekri, H El-Solh. “Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in children with Griscelli Syndrome”, (RAC # 2081 044)
13. (Co-Investigator) H Al-Mousa, O Alsmadi, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Dhekri, S Al-Muhsen, B Al-Saud, R Arnaout, M El Khalifa, D Monies, M Al-Hamed “Underlying molecular genetic defects of primary immunodeficiency diseases in Saudi Arabia”. (RAC # 2080 025)
14. (Co-Investigator) H Al-Mousa, O Alsmadi, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Dhekri, H Al-Rayes, S Al-Muhsen, R Arnaout, A Tbakhi, D Monies,S Wakil. “Underlying molecular genetic defects of severe combined Immunodeficiencies (SCID) in Saudi Arabia”, (RAC # 2060 0120)
15. (Co-Investigator) M. Ayas, A Al-Seraihi, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Mousa, A Al-Jefri, S Al-Muhsen, M. Al-Mahr, S Rifai, H Al-Dhekri, N El-Kum, H El-Solh, “The use of reduced intensity regimen in the conditioning of patients with immune deficiency disorders undergoing Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation (SCT). (RAC # 2061 057).
16. (Co-Investigator) H Al-Dhekri, A Al-Ghonaium, A Al-Jefri, H Al-Mousa, H Al-Rayes, R Arnaout, S Al-Muhsen, A Tbakhi, M Ayas, M Al Mahr, L Osman, H Shahin. Allogenic bone marrow transplant in leukocyte adhesion defect 1: a single center study. (RAC # 2051 053)
17. (Co-Investigator) R Arnaout, A Al-Ghonaium, A Al-Seraihy, H Al-Rayes, S Al-Muhsen, H Al-Mousa, H Al-Dhekri, A Tbakhi, T Owaidah, M Ayas, A Al-Jefri, S Rifai, A Radwan. The outcome of hematopoietic stem cell transplant for Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome patients: A single center study. (RAC #2051 051)
18. (Co-Investigator) Hamoud Al-Mousa, S Rifai, Z Zl-Shammari, A Al-Ghonaium, H Al-Dhekri, H Al-Rayes, S Al-Muhsen, R Arnaout, A Al-Seraihy, A Tbakhi, S Markiz, A Radwan, O Mosleh.Allogenic HLA-identical bone marrow transplantation in major histocompatibility complex class II deficiency: A single center study. (RAC # 2051 049).
19. (Co-Investigator) Sami Al-Hajjar, Sahar Al-Thawadi, Amal Al-Seraihi, Saleh Al-Muhsen Ahmed Al Qahtani, Mohammed Al Ahdal, Gamal El Din Hassan Mohammed, Ibrahim Bin-Hussain, Abdullah Al Muhaizaei. “Clinical Presentation and Outcome of Children and Children with Common and Wild Respiratory Tract Viruses in Saudi Arabia”.(RAC # 2081019)
20. (Co-Investigator) Sami Al-Hajjar, Amal Al-Seraihi, Ali Al-Ahmari, Mouhab Ayas, Abdulla Al-Jefri, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Hassan Elsolh, Mohammed Shoukri “Cytomegalovirus infections in pediatric unrelated cord blood stem cell transplantation: A hospital based study” (RAC # 2081063)
21. (Co-supervisor, Master thesis in Science) Nouf Al-Afaleg, AbdulRahaman Al_Sunaidy, Afaf Al-Ansari, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Oxidative DNA Damage and its Relation to Oxidative Stress in Asthmatic Patients
22. (Co-supervisor, Master thesis in Science) Iman Al-Abdulsalam, Arjomund Warsy, Nada A. Al-Tassan, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Case Control Study of Asthmatic Patients for IL13, FceRβ and IL4Rα Polymorphisms in the Saudi Population
23. (Co-supervisor, Master thesis in Science) Arwa Khayyat, Mohammed Al-Anazi, Nada A. Al-Tassan, Saleh Al-Muhsen, Screening for Genetic Variants of IL-4, ADAM33 and ORMDL3 Genes in a random Sample from Childhood Asthmatic Saudi patients in Riyadh.
24. (Co-investigator) E Jouanguy, C M. Rice, J-L Casanova, L Abel, E D. Charles, P Gilleaudeau, M S-Whalen, J Walker, D B-Messinger, A Talal, I Jacobson, S Sigal, M G-Gelwan, T Schiano, Y de Jong, I M Fiel, R Brown, E C Verna, R Yoo, D Brassil, A Bousfiha,, S Al-muhsen, C Akiran, M Kilic, S Aydogdu, Necil Kutukculer, " Genetic Predisposition to Viral Fulminant Hepatitis (VFH)" (collaborative study funded by Rockefeller University, New York, USA)