COURSES TAUGHT IN AREA OF PHARMACEUTICS
Description: This course is designed to introduce the quantitative and theoretical physical principles of science to pharmacy students that can be applied to pharmacy practice. Principles of chemistry, physics and mathematics are applied to the pharmaceutical sciences. The following subjects will be covered: fundamentals of measurement and calculation, interpretation of prescription and calculation of doses, states of matter, solubility and distribution phenomena, Rheology, surface phenomenon, crystals and Polymorphism, stability of pharmaceuticals and basic reaction kinetics, diffusion and dissolution phenomena, buffered and isotonic solution, colligative properties of solutions.
- Pharmaceutical Calculations by Howard Ansel& Mitchel Stoklosa.
- Physical Pharmacy by Martin A., Swarbrick J., and Cammarata A. Lea & Febiger, USA
This course deals with preparation of liquid pharmaceutical dosage forms. It has been designed to help student in pharmacy to understand the concepts of the liquid dosage forms, the types of these dosages, methods of preparations, rationales of uses, applications, advantages and drawbacks. In addition, semisolids also are included in this course. The following main subjects are going to be covered: pharmaceutical solutions, pharmaceutical suspensions, pharmaceutical emulsions, colloidal systems, liposomal and nanoparticles preparations, aerosols, ointments, creams, gels and pastes.
- Physical Pharmacy by Martin A., Swarbrick J., and Cammarata A. Lea & Febiger, USA.- Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery by H. C.Ansel, N. G. Popovich
- Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics by Leon Shargel and Andrew B.C. Yu
Description: Introduction of pharmaceutical biotechnology. Genetic basis of disease. Stability and purity of biotech products. Nano-biotechnology and biosensors, Biotechnology-drug targeting concepts. Protein-protein interactions; Formulation and delivery of biotech products drugs. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of peptide and protein drugs. Gene therapy and gene delivery. Antisense oligonucleotides as drugs. Small interfering RNA. Vaccines, traditional and DNA vaccines. Economic considerations in medical biotechnology.
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology by Daan J. A. Crommelin (Author), Robert D. Sindelar