Dr. Musaed Alfayez
Anatomy Department, College of Medicine
P.O.Box-2925(28), King Saud University, Riyadh-11461.
Postal Contact: P. O. Box-150 162, Riyadh-11745
Tel # 431 1576 (Home) & +966 553456704 (Mobile) & 4670809 (Sec)
Fax # +9661-4671300.
- Ph.D. (Jan 2004) in Anatomy: From University of Glasgow, Faculty of Medicine Laboratory of Human Anatomy, UK. My theses work was “Serotonin and Basal Ganglia in a Model of Parkinson’s Disease”.
- M.Sc. in Anatomy (Nov. 1998): From University College London, Department of Anatomy.
Working as Assistant Professor of Anatomy, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Presently I am teaching Clinical Anatomy, Morphology, Radiological & Surface Anatomy, Cross-sectional Anatomy and Neuro-anatomy to undergraduate Medical and Dental students. My assignments include the lectures, practicals, tutorials and facilitation in PBL sessions. I am also teaching Postgraduate Dental students of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) at College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh; and Postgraduate Resident’s Training Program in Rehabilitation Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology at Security Forces Hospital, Riyadh. Moreover I am involved in three research teams conducting multidisciplinary research at college of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh.
Involved in teaching in Human Anatomy Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, renowned for PBL sessions.
1-Prince Salman Hospital, Riyadh, 4 months
2-King Khalid Hospital, Al Kharj, KSA 8 months
3-Rehabilitation centre, Jeddah, KSA 1 year
4-Saudi German Hospital, Jeddah, 7 months
5- King Khalid Hospital University, Riyadh Since 1418
Working as fulltime Chairman, Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, King Saud University since 10/1425.
· Parkinsonism & Related Disease, Vol 7, S34 July 2001
· IUPS Meeting, Christchurch. Christchurch September 2001
· American Parkinson’s Disease Society Meeting, San Diego, November 2001
- Annals of Anatomy 2003; 185:217-218.
1- XIV international congress on Parkinson’s Disease Helsinki, Finland July 2001
2- 7th International Symposium on Parkinson’s Disease Research San Diego, USA November 2001
3- Society for Neuroscience 31st Annual Meeting San Diego, USA November 2001
4- The First Scientific Conference on The March of Medical Education In Saudi Arabia Riyadh, March 2004.
5- Workshop on Electronic Retrieval of Medical Information Riyadh, April 2004.
Professional and Organization Memberships:
- Chairman of the Anatomy Department: 2004 - to date.
- Member of Resident Training program in Ob/Gyn, Security Forces Hospital.
- Member of Resident Training program in Rehabilitation Medicine, Security Forces Hospital.
- Member of Internet Committee, College of Medicine, KSU: 2004 - to date.
- Member of the Faculty Board, College of Medicine, King Saud University: 2004 – to date.
- Sports Coordinator, College of Medicine, King Saud University: 2004 to date.
- Member of the Curriculum Committee, College of Medicine, King Saud University: 2004 to date.
· Member of American Society of Neuroscience: 2001 – to date.