- In the pelvis, which one of the following is not correct?
- The pelvic inlet is bounded posteriorly by the sacral promontory.
- The pelvic outlet is bounded laterally by the ischial spines.
- The sacrotuberous ligaments are part of the perimeter of the pelvic outlet.
- The piriformis muscle participates in the formation of the pelvic wall.
- The sacral canal contains the lower part of the subarachnoid space.
- Regarding the muscles of the pelvis, choose the incorrect statement:
- The piriformis muscle leaves the pelvis through the greater sciatic foramen.
- The obturator internus is inserted into the greater trochanter of the femur.
- The levator ani originates from a tendinous arch.
- The levator prostatae (sphincer vaginae) muscle is inserted into the anococcygeal body.
- The puborectalis muscle forms a sling around the junction of the rectum and the anal canal.
3. Regarding the sacral plexus choose the incorrect statement:
a. It supplies the skin of the buttock.
b. It supplies the pelvic viscera.
c. It receives contribution from all the sacral nerves.
d. It lies in front of the piriformis muscle.
e. The sciatic nerve leaves the pelvis through the greater sciatic foramen.
4. Regarding the pelvic vessels, choose the incorrect statement:
a. The common iliac artery ends in front of the sacroiliac joint.
b. The inferior vesical artery is a branch of the internal iliac artery.
c. The distal portion of the umbilical artery is obliterated.
d. The deep circumflex iliac artery is a branch of the internal iliac
e. The uterine artery crosses the ureter superiorly.
5. Regarding the ureter in female, choose the incorrect statement:
a. It crosses the pelvic inlet in front of the bifurcation of the common iliac artery
b. It passes in front of the ischial spine
c. It runs downward in front of the ovary
d. It lies lateral to the lateral vaginal fornix
e. It lies beneath the base of the broad ligament.
6. Regarding the urinary bladder in male:
- Its apex gives attachment to the median umbilical ligament.
- Its base is directed inferiorly.
- Its neck is continuous with membranous urethra.
- Its superior surface is related to the rectum.
- Its inferolateral surfaces are covered by peritoneum.
7. The following structures lie posterior to the rectum EXCEPT:
a. Median sacral artery.
b. Sympathetic trunk.
c. Coccygeus muscle.
d. Piriformis muscle.
e. Obturator internus muscle.
8. Regarding the blood supply of the rectum, choose the incorrect statement:
a. The superior rectal artery is the continuation of the inferior mesenteric artery.
b. The middle rectal artery is branch of the internal iliac artery
c. The inferior rectal artery is a branch of the internal pudendal artery.
d. The middle rectal vein drains into the portal system.
e. The rectum is an important site of porto-caval anastomoses.
9. Regarding prostate gland, choose the correct statement;
a. Posteriorly it is separated from the rectum by the rectovesical pouch.
b. The apex lies on the upper surface of the pelvic diaphragm.
c. The puboprostatic ligaments are condensations of the pelvic peritoneum.
d. Its median lobe lies between the ejaculatory duct and the urethra.
e. Its veins form a plexus, which lies deep to its capsule.
10. Regarding the seminal vesicle, choose the correct statement:
a. It is completely covered with peritoneum.
b. it lies medial to the ampulla of the vas deferens.
c. It has a duct, which opens directly into the prostatic urethra.
d. It secretes fluid rich in citric acid.
e. It is related to the base of the urinary bladder.
11. Regarding the male urethra, choose the incorrect statement:
a. The external urethral orifice is the narrowest part.
b. The membranous part is the shortest part.
c. The prostatic part is the most dilatable part.
d. The bulbourethral glands open in the membranous urethra.
e. The prostatic utricle is the remains of the paramesonephric ducts.
12. All of the following play an important role in uterine support, EXCEPT:
a. Levator ani muscle.
b. Pubocervical ligament,
c. Sacrocervical ligament,
d. Transverse cervical ligament,
e. Round ligament of the ovary.
13. Regarding the uterine tubes, choose the incorrect statement:
a. The isthmus is the narrowest part.
b. Fertilization normally occurs in the infundibular part.
c. It is one of the sites for ectopic pregnancy.
d. It is supplied by branches of the uterine and ovarian arteries.
e. It lies in the upper free margin of the broad ligament.
14. Regarding the ovary, choose the incorrect statement:
a. It is attached to the lateral pelvic wall by the suspensory ligament.
b. The round ligament of the ovary represents the upper part of the gubernaculum.
c. It is supplied by a branch of the internal iliac artery.
d. Its lymphatics drain into the para-aortic lymph nodes.
e. The mesovarium connects it to the posterior layer of the broad ligament.
15. The mucous membrane of the lower half of the anal canal:
a. Is lined by columnar epithelium.
b. Is thrown into vertical folds called anal columns.
c. Is sensitive to pain, temperature, touch and pressure.
d. Is supplied by the artery of the hindgut.
e. its lymphatic drains upward along the superior rectal artery.
16. Regarding the ischiorectal fossa, choose the incorrect statement:
a. Its medial wall is formed by the levator ani.
b. Its lateral wall is formed by the fascia of the obturator internus.
c. Its base is formed by the skin & fascia.
d. It is crossed horizontally from lateral to medial wall, by the internal
e. The pudendal canal lies along its lateral wall.
17. All of the following are the contents of the deep perineal pouch in male, EXCEPT:
a) The membranous part of the urethra.
b) The bulbospongiosus muscle.
c) The bulbourethral glands.
d) The deep transverse perineal muscles.
e) The internal pudendal artery.
18.Which statement regarding the superficial perineal pouch in female is wrong?
a. It contains structures forming the root of the clitoris .
b. It contains the bulbospongiosus muscle.
c. It contains the ischiocavernosus muscle.
d. It contains the superficial transverse perineal muscle.
e. The sphincter urethrae muscle.
19. The following structures could be palpated by per/rectal examination,
a. The base of the urinary bladder.
b. the seminal vesicle.
c. The prostate.
d. The vasa defferntia.
e. Iliopectineal line.
20. Which statement regarding the perineum is true?
a. The hemorrhoids are varicosities of the tributaries of the inferior rectal vein.
b. The site of the anal fissure is innervated by the superior rectal nerve.
c. Pudendal nerve block is indicated in episiotomy.
d. The bony landmark used in transvaginal pudendal nerve block is the ischial
e. The perineal body is larger in the male than in the female.
21. Which of the following roots of the lumbar plexus contribute to the sacral plexus:
22. Concerning the left suprarenal gland, choose the correct statement:
a. It extends behind the inferior vena cava.
b. It is separated from the left kidney by the pararenal fat.
c. Its vein drains into the left renal vein.
d. It is usually extends from the upper pole and the lateral border of the left kidney.
e. The medulla is innervated by postganglionic sympathetic nerve fibers.
23. Concerning the pancreas, choose the incorrect statement:
a. It receives part of its blood supply from the splenic artery.
b. The main pancreatic duct opens into the 2nd part of the duodenum.
c. The bile duct lies posterior to the head of the pancreas.
d. The transverse colon is attached to the inferior border of the pancreas.
e. The uncinate process of the pancreas project from the left side of the head.
24. Regarding the primary megacolon, all of the following are true EXCEPT:
a. It is a familial disease, more common in males. .
b. It is due to failure of development of sympathetic ganglia to the colon.
c. Symptoms appear few days after birth.
d. New born baby fails to pass meconium.
e. Sigmoid colon becomes distended.
25. Concerning the innervation of the urinary bladder choose the incorrect statement:
a. It receives its sympathetic supply from L1 & L2.
b. Sympathetic stimulation causes contraction of the wall and relaxation of its sphincter.
c. Its parasympathetic comes from sacral 2&3&4.
d. Stimulation of parasympathetic leads to bladder emptying.
e. In phase of spinal shock, bladder becomes greatly distended and finally overflows.
26. Concerning muscles of the posterior abdominal wall choose the correct statement:
a. Quadratus lamborum passes behind the medial arcuate ligament of the diaphragm.
b. Iliolumbar ligament is a thickened lumbar fascia.
c. Psoas major is innervated by the femoral nerve.
d. Psoas major is inserted into the greater trochanter of the femur.
e. Iliacus muscle is supplied by lumbar plexus.
27. The lymph vessels of the jejunum and ileum finally draine to:
a. The celiac lymph nodes.
b. The para aortic lymph nodes.
c. The superior mesenteric lymph nodes.
d. The inferior mesenteric lymph nodes.
e. The right gastroepiploic lymph nodes.
28. The thoracic duct:
a. passes through the esophageal opening of the diaphragm.
b. lies on the right side of the abdominal aorta.
c. Receives the intestinal lymph trunk.
d. Begins from the upper end of cisterna chyle.
e. Receives lumbar lymph trunks.
29. The peritoneum separates all of the following from the front of the kidneys, EXCEPT:
b. Small intestine.
30. All of the following drain into the inferior vena cava, EXCEPT:
a. Four lumbar veins.
b. Two common iliac veins.
c. Right suprarenal vein.
d. Right testicular vein.
e. Left ovarian vein.