Abdulrahman Aljebreen MD, FRCPC, FRCPC (GI)
· Full name: Abdulrahman Mohammed Aljebreen
- DOB: 15th of September 1969 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Married, father of 5 kids.
- 1995: graduated from the medical school, King Saud University.
· July 1997-2000: Residency training in Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal , Canada.
· July 2000-2002: Gastroenterology and Hepatology training, Postgraduate training Program, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal.
o Advanced Endoscopy training: Calgary University, Alberta, Canada
o Endoscopic Ultrasound training: Calgary University, Alberta, Canada
· In July 2003: Consultant of Gastroenterology and assistant professor of medicine, department of medicine, King Saud University.
· Feb 2005- present: appointed as the head of Gastroenterology Unit at King Khalid University Hospital.
· Certification in Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, September 2000 (# 197434)
· Specialist Certificate in Internal Medicine, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. (May 2001)
· Specialist Certificate in Gastroenterology Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. (October 5th 2002).
· Certificate in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy and Endoscopic Ultrasound Training from University of Calgary, June 2003.
Memberships of Educational Committees:
- American College of Physicians (Associate) since 2000.
- Canadian Gastroenterology Association (Member since October 2002).
- American Association of Gastroenterology.
- American College of Gastroenterology.
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Saudi Gastroenterology Association
· Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopies
· Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP procedures.
· Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic ultrasound
· Advanced procedures:
· Esophageal, duodenal and colonic expandable metallic stents placements.
· Endoscopic pancreatic pseudocysts drainage.
· Placement of Bioenteric Gastric Balloons
· Endoscopic mucosal resection.
- GUT, 2004-present
- Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, 2003-present.
- GI Enodscopy, 2005- present
- Saudi Annals of Medicine, 2005- present
- Saudi Medical Journal, 2005- present
- Aljebreen AM, Fallone CA, Barkun AN and RUGBE investigators. Nasogastric aspirate predicts high-risk endoscopic lesions in patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding. GI Endoscopy, 2004; 59: 172-8.
- Al Mofleh, Aljebreen AM, S. Al Amri, R. Al Rashed, F. Al Faleh, H. Al Freihi, A. Abdo, A Isnani. "Biochemical and radiological predictors of malignant biliary strictures", World J Gastroenterol 2004,10 (10):1504-7
- Aljebreen AM; Romagnuolo J; Perini R and Sutherland F. Utility of EUS, cytology and fluid CEA and CA19-9 levels in pancreatic cystic lesions. World J Gastroenterology, 2007.
- Aljebreen AM. Role of Endoscopic ultrasound in common bile duct stones. Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, 2007; 13 (1): 11-16.
- Almadi MA, Aljebreen AM, Tounesi FA, Abdo AA. Helicobacter Pylori prevalence among medical students in a high endemic area. Saudi Medical Journal, 2007
- Alsawat KE, Aljebreen AM. Resolution of tuberculous biliary stricture after medical therapy. World J Gastroenterology 2006; 12 (7) 1153-1156.
- Al-Ghamdi AS, Al-Mofleh IA, Al-Rashed RS, Al-Amri SM, Aljebreen AM, Isnani AC, El-Badawi R. Epdemiology and outcome of Crohns’s disease in a teaching hospital in Riyadh. World J Gastroenterology 2004; 10 (9): 1341-1344.
- Abdo AA, Azzam NA, Al-Faleh FZ, Aljebreen AM, Al-Mofleh IA, Al-Amri SM, Al-Rashid RS, Al-Freihi HM, Habbal TA, Al-Sawat KE, Isnani AC, Al-Ashiekh A. Histological and laboratory features of patients undergoing liver biopsy at a university hospital in central Saudi Arabia. Saudi Medical Journal 2006,
- Alnaser S, Aljebreen AM. Endoscopic ultrasound and histopathological correlates in eosinophilic gastroenteritis. Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, 2007
- Aljebreen AM. Clinicopathological patterns of colorectal cancer in Saudi Arabia: younger with an advanced stage presentation. Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, 2007.