NAME : DR. ADNAN BIN SALIM BAJABER
Education: Positions Held:
Ph.D. In Food Science and Human Nutrition (1985-1990)
Department of Food Sciences and Human Nutrition
College of Applied Human Sciences
Colorado State University
M.Sc. In Nutrtion and Food Science (1981-1984)
Dept. of Nutrition and Food Sciences, College of Agriculture
Utah State University
B.Sc. Dept. of Food Sciences and Nutrition
King Saud University.
● Head, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, King Saud University.
● Member of the Department Council since 1401H. to date.
● Member of the Faculty Board since 1421 H.
● Director, Committee for graduating students and graduates affairs (Connected to the Faculty Board) from 1422 to 1425H.
● Member of the University and Community Committee for 1423 and 1425H.
● Convener for the Committee Organizing the Profession Day (College of Food Science and Agriculture) for the years 1422, 1423 and 1425H.
● Member of a number of the Department Committees i.e. Post Graduate Committee, Plans Committee, Information Committee etc...
● Member of a number of Plans Preparatory Committees - Department Plan Committee (Males), Committee for the M.Sc. Programs for Nutrition (Males and Females), Committee for the Ph.D. Programs in Nutrition (Females) and Committee for the B.Sc. Programs for in Nutrition (Females).
● Consultant, Saudi FDA.
● Teaching of a number of Food Science and Nutrition subjects including: Proteins in Nutrition (Post graduate). Food Meals Planning, Food Chemistry (Post graduate), Selected Topics in Nutrition (Post graduate). Applied Nutrition (Post graduate)Principles of Food Science.
● Supervisor of 7 M.Sc. and 2 Ph.D. thesis in Nutrition. Also, cosupervised a number of other thesis and presentation.
● Conducted more than 20 research in Food Science and Nutrition in the field of Obesity, Diabetes, Proteins and other subjects.
● Conducted a series of researches on Glycemic Index: G.I. of Saudi Food (cooperating with King Khalid University Hospital and King Abdul Aziz Center for Diabetes.
●Member of the Research Team for National Project. Irradiation of Foods Sponsored by King Abdul Aziz City for Research and Technology.
●Author of 9 books in different fields of Food Science and Nutrition and 3 other books under Publishing.
● Attended a number of Conferences and Symposia inside the Kingdom and outside the Kingdom (USA, Egypt, Syria, Bahrain and Jordan) and has participated with scientific papers in these conferences.
● Chief Editor of the Saudi Society for Agricultural Sciences Publications for 6 years.
●Member of a number of Scientific Societies in the Arabic Countries and USA.
● Member of the Editorial Board for the Food Science and Nutrition Magazine published by the Saudi Society for Food and Nutrition.
●Supervisor (and Lecturer) in the Seminar and Workshop named "Food as a Therapy for Diabetes" which was held at King Khalid University Hospital in 1425H, and also at the University Hospital of King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah.
● Participated with a number of lectures in the Seminars held for Diabetes Supridents at King Abdul Aziz Hospital and Eye Specialist Hospital.
● Conducted a number of lectures in the Public Meetings in Riyadh (Nutrition Department, Ministry of Works, Riyadh Medical City, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health etc...), Taif ( Armed Forces) and Dammam ( Ministry of Education).
● Participated in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saudi Symposium on Food and Nutrition as a member of the Scientific Committee and as a convener of the Information Committee.
● Member of the Head Committee for Food and Nutrition Conference.
●Prepared a Consultation Program for Nutrition for the Ministry of Works and Social Affairs, consultant for the Saudi Standards Organization and also for the Private Sector.
● Headed the Committee that issue the Standards, for Food Services for King Saud University Restaurants and the University Hospitals.
● Founded the Food World Magazine and was the Chief Editor for 3 years.
●Participating in a number of Newspapers and Saudi Broadcasting Services.
● Prepared a number of Diet Programs for some Diet Centers and Supervised Application of these Programs.