Opto354, Contact Lenses 1
1 hour (Theory) + 2 hours (Practice)
This course is the first part of three contact lenses courses for Optometry students. It covers the following topics:
- Introduction and history of contact lenses.
- Advantages (indications) and disadvantages (contraindications) of contact lenses wear.
- Soft contact lens materials.
- Soft contact lens types.
- Pre-fitting patient examination.
- Insertion and removal of soft contact lenses.
- Soft contact lens fitting evaluation.
- After care.
- Patient education.