Name: Khalid A. Bin AbdulRahman, MBChB , DPHC, ABFM, IAF ( U of T ), MHSc (MEd)
- Medical Education Center,
College of Medicine, King Saud University
P.O Box: 2925 Riyadh 11461
Tel: +966 1 467-2495
Fax: +966 1 481-1853
Academy Title: Associate Professor of Family Medicine & Medical Education
Current Position: Director of Medical Education Center
Degree: 1. Higher Diploma in Primary Health Care
Country: King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2. Arab Board of Family Medicine
Country: Saudi Arabia
3. Academic Fellowship in Family Medicine
Country: University of Toronto, Canada
4. Master of Health Sciences ( Medical Education )
Country: University of Toronto, Canada
Current specialization: Family Medicine and Medical Education
Clinical Interest: Patient Education, Counselling Skills, Chronic diseases in Family Practice.
Researches & areas of Interest
- Planning & Development of Medical Education & Continuing Medical Education ( CME ) programs:
· Faculty / Trainers Development
· Curriculum Development
· Standards and accreditation of medical programs
· Quality improvement of Medical Education
· CME programs planning & development
· Evidence-based Medicine
· Assessment of clinical competence
· Education Programs Evaluation
· Professionalism & Medical Ethics
2. Patient Education Programs.
3. Communication & Consultation Skills.
4. Counselling skills.
5. Management of chronic illness e.g. Diabetes, Asthma, Hypertension, Migraine Headache, Low back pain
Academic and administrative commitments:
- Director Medical Education Center
- The Supervisor of Strategic Planning Project at KSU
- Vice President of the Saudi Society for Medical Education
- Team leader of the strategic plan for the future of health professions education in Saudi Arabia for the coming 25 years ( AAFAQ Project)
- Team leader of the strategic plan project at College of medicine & university hospitals.
- Teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Curriculum and staff development at medical education center
- Chair of the central curriculum development committee
- Member of assessment and academic accreditation permanent committee at the National Commission for assessment and academic accreditation in Higher Education.
- Member of licensing committee for private universities and colleges in Saudi Arabia.
- Member of admission reform committee of health specialization at KSU
- Supervisor of the Saudi Society of Family & Community Medicine- Riyadh Office
Professional and Organization membership
- Member of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Member of the College of Family Physician of Canada
- Direct member of World Organization of Family Doctors WONCA.
- Member of the Medical Education Committee at GCC Medical Schools
- Saudi Society of Family and Community Medicine
- Net work of innovative health professional & community education
- International society of sciences and medical education ( ISME )
- International organization of Who is Who professionals 2000 & 2005
- Member of expert group meeting on reform of health professions education in the eastern Mediterranean region WHO-EMRO, 31March-2 April 2002.
- Member of the Association of Medical Education in Europe ( AMEE ), since 2002
Awards and letters of appreciation:
· The Deputy Minister of Executive Affairs in June 1996.
· The Program Director of the Graduate Studies Programs, Dr Helen Batty, at the Department of Family & Community Medicine, University of Toronto. Canada. Sept 1999.
· The President of Ontario Family Physicians and Chairman Dept. of Family & Community Medicine. University of Toronto. Canada, September 1999.
· The Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, Prof Ghazy Makky, Ottawa, Canada. Sept. 1999.
· The Dean of college of medicine at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah. April 2001.
· The Dean of College of Medicine at King Saud University, Riyadh. February 4, 2002.
· Man of the year 2001 award by American Biographical Institute, Inc. February, 2002.
· The Dean of College of Medicine, University of Sultan Qabous , Muscat Oman. December 18, 2002.
· The Great Mind of the 21st Century Award from the American Biographical Institute, Inc. June 26 , 2002.
· 2000 Outstanding people award from the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
· Recorded in the Who’s Who in Medicine and Health Care, fifth edition 2004-2005.